New Topic  Topic Locked
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

TomPM
Fireman

USA
4648 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  12:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Does anyone know if there are additional libraries available for RTS? I am particularly looking for additional structure outlines.

Tom
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  2:04:46 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by TomPM

Does anyone know if there are additional libraries available for RTS? I am particularly looking for additional structure outlines.

Tom, this isn't much of an answer, but it's the only thing I've seen on the subject:

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=153

You might pm Joe and see if he was ever able to find out anything.
Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  2:04:46 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by TomPM

Tom, this isn't much of an answer, but it's the only thing I've seen on the subject:

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=153

You might pm Joe and see if he was ever able to find out anything.
Go to Top of Page

ak-milw
Crew Chief

USA
748 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  9:55:18 PM  Show Profile  Click to see ak-milw's MSN Messenger address
Hey Tom, As far as I know what you got is all you get.You could try asking Atlas at www.atlasrr.com and see what they have.[:-boggled]

Andy Kramer -- Modeling the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin
Go to Top of Page

ak-milw
Crew Chief

USA
748 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  9:55:18 PM  Show Profile  Click to see ak-milw's MSN Messenger address
Hey Tom, As far as I know what you got is all you get.You could try asking Atlas at www.atlasrr.com and see what they have.[:-boggled]

Andy Kramer -- Modeling the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin
Go to Top of Page

jtbterri
New Hire

12 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2004 :  9:19:10 PM  Show Profile
I saw this same post on another forum the other day and I too would be very interested in RTS libraries with structures. Maybe someone has come up with something new............hope, hope.
George
Go to Top of Page

jtbterri
New Hire

12 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2004 :  9:19:10 PM  Show Profile
I saw this same post on another forum the other day and I too would be very interested in RTS libraries with structures. Maybe someone has come up with something new............hope, hope.
George
Go to Top of Page

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

USA
793 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2004 :  08:08:21 AM  Show Profile
I have looked and asked this question may times with the same answer, there are no others available. The RTS program is wrote by someone in Germany and no one seems to know how to make additional libraries. If you do find any let us know, but what I have done is made my own structures within RTS and saved them to one level and when I want one, I just highlight it and change it to the level I want my structures on.

Good luck and keep us informed,

Harry
Go to Top of Page

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

USA
793 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2004 :  08:08:21 AM  Show Profile
I have looked and asked this question may times with the same answer, there are no others available. The RTS program is wrote by someone in Germany and no one seems to know how to make additional libraries. If you do find any let us know, but what I have done is made my own structures within RTS and saved them to one level and when I want one, I just highlight it and change it to the level I want my structures on.

Good luck and keep us informed,

Harry
Go to Top of Page

jtbterri
New Hire

12 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2004 :  4:57:27 PM  Show Profile
The primary issue that the request for additional libraries focused on was for putting structures on the layout using RTS. Since there are no new libraries, nor any new ones planned in the near future, perhaps this might be a time to digress and discuss other techniques for placing structures with the RTS program.

On the other forum, a member suggested first creating a track plan and saving it in .rai format and then saving another copy in .bmp format. The .bmp file could be opened and modified with Microsoft Paint to create the structure, or structures, on the layout.

It would seem that there would be a better way using the layers concept available with RTS. Trouble is, every time I try this I fail. Is there some easy way to get started using layers to produce multiple structures that can then be overlaid onto a layout?

George
Go to Top of Page

jtbterri
New Hire

12 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2004 :  4:57:27 PM  Show Profile
The primary issue that the request for additional libraries focused on was for putting structures on the layout using RTS. Since there are no new libraries, nor any new ones planned in the near future, perhaps this might be a time to digress and discuss other techniques for placing structures with the RTS program.

On the other forum, a member suggested first creating a track plan and saving it in .rai format and then saving another copy in .bmp format. The .bmp file could be opened and modified with Microsoft Paint to create the structure, or structures, on the layout.

It would seem that there would be a better way using the layers concept available with RTS. Trouble is, every time I try this I fail. Is there some easy way to get started using layers to produce multiple structures that can then be overlaid onto a layout?

George
Go to Top of Page

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

USA
793 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2004 :  9:31:25 PM  Show Profile
George,

I use one layer for all the structures on one level of my layout. I also color code my structures by making all of them a green-brown on level 17 (don't ask why that level). this gives me the ability to turn off all the layers except 17 and then I can move them around with ease, I also text label them so that I know which one is which (RR Camp, Shelby's, etc...) It is also easy to turn a structure this way. It sound more confusing than it really is.

Harry
Go to Top of Page

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

USA
793 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2004 :  9:31:25 PM  Show Profile
George,

I use one layer for all the structures on one level of my layout. I also color code my structures by making all of them a green-brown on level 17 (don't ask why that level). this gives me the ability to turn off all the layers except 17 and then I can move them around with ease, I also text label them so that I know which one is which (RR Camp, Shelby's, etc...) It is also easy to turn a structure this way. It sound more confusing than it really is.

Harry
Go to Top of Page

jtbterri
New Hire

12 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2004 :  4:27:50 PM  Show Profile
I'm used to using layers with my digital photos and Paint Shop. I take photos of individual objects and save them as a .jpg file in a named folder.

When I create a scene that will use a selection of the saved objects, I start by taking a background picture and then selecting individual objects, copying them with the edit feature of the program, and then pasting them as a new layer on the background picture. When I get the scene that I want I merge all of the layers and save that as a file.

With RTS can I accomplish a similar task? If so, then the individual saved objects could be individual buildings which can be placed and moved as individual layers over the background, which would be the layout I was planning.

Sound feasible?
George
Go to Top of Page

jtbterri
New Hire

12 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2004 :  4:27:50 PM  Show Profile
I'm used to using layers with my digital photos and Paint Shop. I take photos of individual objects and save them as a .jpg file in a named folder.

When I create a scene that will use a selection of the saved objects, I start by taking a background picture and then selecting individual objects, copying them with the edit feature of the program, and then pasting them as a new layer on the background picture. When I get the scene that I want I merge all of the layers and save that as a file.

With RTS can I accomplish a similar task? If so, then the individual saved objects could be individual buildings which can be placed and moved as individual layers over the background, which would be the layout I was planning.

Sound feasible?
George
Go to Top of Page

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

USA
793 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  07:49:30 AM  Show Profile
Actually yes George, you can import graphics into a layer and do just as you are talking about.

Harry
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000