Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2003 :  3:13:11 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Buzz, Jim, Jerry, Grant, lazerman, frisco1522man, Mike, and all the others who have introduced themselves here.[:-thumbu]

I'm just getting caught up on this thread, so my welcome is a little late in some cases.[:-ashamed] At any rate, make yourselves at home and join in on the discussions.

Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2003 :  3:13:11 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Buzz, Jim, Jerry, Grant, lazerman, frisco1522man, Mike, and all the others who have introduced themselves here.[:-thumbu]

I'm just getting caught up on this thread, so my welcome is a little late in some cases.[:-ashamed] At any rate, make yourselves at home and join in on the discussions.

Go to Top of Page

railliar
Section Hand

95 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2003 :  10:26:03 AM  Show Profile  Send railliar a Yahoo! Message
1. Colorado Springs
2. 43 years in HO scale. Thot I'd try table top photography and got hooked.
3. I have my own, the Sandric & Lake Superior. This is overlayed with the D&RGW which provides the basic structure. That structure is the Rio Grande's Royal Gorge Route between Pueblo, CO and Salt Lake City.
4. 1954.
5. This is my 12th and largest layout. It occupies a 1,500 square foot basement; total trackage 2,000+ feet, narrow and standard gauge in HO. Standard main 460 feet, narrow about half that.
6. DC block control with rotaries; nine cabs, six yards.
7. Active in the past in clubs, NMRA, retired several years. My primary interest is operation.
(new copy) 8. If you really need to see what I look like, check out the cover of Paul Mallory's book on electricial published by RMC. There's a story behind it but I won't go into it here.

eric

Edited by - railliar on 04/27/2003 09:32:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

railliar
Section Hand

95 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2003 :  10:26:03 AM  Show Profile  Send railliar a Yahoo! Message
1. Colorado Springs
2. 43 years in HO scale. Thot I'd try table top photography and got hooked.
3. I have my own, the Sandric & Lake Superior. This is overlayed with the D&RGW which provides the basic structure. That structure is the Rio Grande's Royal Gorge Route between Pueblo, CO and Salt Lake City.
4. 1954.
5. This is my 12th and largest layout. It occupies a 1,500 square foot basement; total trackage 2,000+ feet, narrow and standard gauge in HO. Standard main 460 feet, narrow about half that.
6. DC block control with rotaries; nine cabs, six yards.
7. Active in the past in clubs, NMRA, retired several years. My primary interest is operation.
(new copy) 8. If you really need to see what I look like, check out the cover of Paul Mallory's book on electricial published by RMC. There's a story behind it but I won't go into it here.

eric

Edited by - railliar on 04/27/2003 09:32:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Drew
Fireman

USA
1173 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2003 :  7:43:41 PM  Show Profile
Well, I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring...better late than never, I guess!

1.) I live near Louisville, Ky. USA
2.) I had some Lionel, & HO stuff as a kid, but as far as serious modeling goes, I bought an HO det to put under the Christmas tree about 11 years ago, & well, the rest they say, is history!
3-7.) Currently I have two small freelance N scale layouts...One is an industrial branch of the ficticious Kentucky & Indiana RR. circa 1960...it is built on a shelf 13" deep, & 60" long.
My latest project is a Depression Era coal hauler in the Appallachian Mtns...I'm calling it the Poor Fork RR & Mining Co. It;s a simple oval track plan measuring 32x66 inches.
Both layouts are powered by a single DC cab. (one each, that is...they're not, in any way, connected to each other)
I just wanted to add that I love model railroading, & I especially love sharing the hobby with all these great folks I've met through this & other forums!
8.) Oh yeah, the picture...Ok, you asked for it!

Download Attachment: mvc-018f.jpg
30.74 KB

-Drew-

"Life is all the stuff that happened while you were making other plans."
Go to Top of Page

Drew
Fireman

USA
1173 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2003 :  7:43:41 PM  Show Profile
Well, I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring...better late than never, I guess!

1.) I live near Louisville, Ky. USA
2.) I had some Lionel, & HO stuff as a kid, but as far as serious modeling goes, I bought an HO det to put under the Christmas tree about 11 years ago, & well, the rest they say, is history!
3-7.) Currently I have two small freelance N scale layouts...One is an industrial branch of the ficticious Kentucky & Indiana RR. circa 1960...it is built on a shelf 13" deep, & 60" long.
My latest project is a Depression Era coal hauler in the Appallachian Mtns...I'm calling it the Poor Fork RR & Mining Co. It;s a simple oval track plan measuring 32x66 inches.
Both layouts are powered by a single DC cab. (one each, that is...they're not, in any way, connected to each other)
I just wanted to add that I love model railroading, & I especially love sharing the hobby with all these great folks I've met through this & other forums!
8.) Oh yeah, the picture...Ok, you asked for it!

Download Attachment: mvc-018f.jpg
30.74 KB

-Drew-

"Life is all the stuff that happened while you were making other plans."
Go to Top of Page

Bbags
Administrator

USA
13317 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2003 :  8:16:51 PM  Show Profile
Welcome all that have taken the time to fill out this short biography.
Buzz glad to see someone else interested in scratch building. If you get a chance could you post some of your work and techniques in the Scratch Building forum or in the Finescale Modeling forum.
railliar please free to relate your story about the cover of Paul Mallory's book.
Drew I have seen your picture before at The Gauge. Put on a business suit and you would look like one of the stock brokers I see all the time down on Wall Street (NYC). As a matter of fact some of them may have extra suits as they trade theirs in for prison stripes.
Thanks again and enjoy the forum.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.
Go to Top of Page

Bbags
Administrator

USA
13317 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2003 :  8:16:51 PM  Show Profile
Welcome all that have taken the time to fill out this short biography.
Buzz glad to see someone else interested in scratch building. If you get a chance could you post some of your work and techniques in the Scratch Building forum or in the Finescale Modeling forum.
railliar please free to relate your story about the cover of Paul Mallory's book.
Drew I have seen your picture before at The Gauge. Put on a business suit and you would look like one of the stock brokers I see all the time down on Wall Street (NYC). As a matter of fact some of them may have extra suits as they trade theirs in for prison stripes.
Thanks again and enjoy the forum.

John Bagley
Go to Top of Page

Chesapeake
New Hire

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  01:20:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chesapeake's Homepage  Send Chesapeake an AOL message  Send Chesapeake an ICQ Message  Send Chesapeake a Yahoo! Message

1) What State or Country and nearest City we live in

Cuyahoga Falls Ohio

2) How long modeling and how we got started

13 years, Unknown

3) What lines we model

Chessie System/Conrail

4) years we model

1972-1986/1990-1999

5) how large our layout is

CLub Member

6) if we use DC, DCC or other

DCC

7) anything else you want to add

8) post your picture if you dare

Eh?
Go to Top of Page

Chesapeake
New Hire

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  01:20:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chesapeake's Homepage  Send Chesapeake an AOL message  Send Chesapeake an ICQ Message  Send Chesapeake a Yahoo! Message

Cuyahoga Falls Ohio

13 years, Unknown

3) What lines we model

Chessie System/Conrail

4) years we model

1972-1986/1990-1999

CLub Member

DCC

Eh?
Go to Top of Page

NickO
Fireman

United Kingdom
1749 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  7:37:34 PM  Show Profile
I only realized this was here today when Chesapeake posted his bio. so I thought I would add my bit.
1. I live up in the hills in the Welsh Marches( Shropshire side)sort of midway between Shrewsbury and Hereford in England.Left of Birmingham in the centre of the country.
2.Had Marklin train set when a kid but never that interested in it.Had a vague interest in British narrow gauge during '90s.Interest in American narrow gauge logging lines dates from about 20th february 1999 when I was persuaded to buy some back copies of the Gazette and the SW tractor and repair shed advert fired my imagination.Now with lots of money spent I am beginning to get the hang of these craftsmen kits.
3.Freelance logging line
4.Probably the mid-1930s
5.The room that will house my layout is 16x25 but there will be an area for workbench.I am still constructing the building that it will go in.
6.I will probably go straight to DCC.
7.This is a hobby I think that I can stick with for the rest of my life(eyesight and health permitting)as it is going to take that long to get a layout up and running.
7.If you really must see a photo of me check out N/D 2002 issue of the Gazette.I'm the lurker at the back.

Edited by - NickO on 06/06/2003 7:40:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

NickO
Fireman

United Kingdom
1749 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  7:37:34 PM  Show Profile
I only realized this was here today when Chesapeake posted his bio. so I thought I would add my bit.
1. I live up in the hills in the Welsh Marches( Shropshire side)sort of midway between Shrewsbury and Hereford in England.Left of Birmingham in the centre of the country.
2.Had Marklin train set when a kid but never that interested in it.Had a vague interest in British narrow gauge during '90s.Interest in American narrow gauge logging lines dates from about 20th february 1999 when I was persuaded to buy some back copies of the Gazette and the SW tractor and repair shed advert fired my imagination.Now with lots of money spent I am beginning to get the hang of these craftsmen kits.
3.Freelance logging line
4.Probably the mid-1930s
5.The room that will house my layout is 16x25 but there will be an area for workbench.I am still constructing the building that it will go in.
6.I will probably go straight to DCC.
7.This is a hobby I think that I can stick with for the rest of my life(eyesight and health permitting)as it is going to take that long to get a layout up and running.
7.If you really must see a photo of me check out N/D 2002 issue of the Gazette.I'm the lurker at the back.

Edited by - NickO on 06/06/2003 7:40:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

doversport
New Hire

1 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2003 :  8:18:46 PM  Show Profile
*** I also am in Connecticut..Just moved here from Rhode Island (one year) and Maine (almost 20 years )
I am in Sterling, wich is in the Northeast Corner..id be happy to hear from any modelers in the area!

*** Modeling since I can remember..(took over my sisters Christmas train set when I was 5..im 49 now...)New Haven ran through my backyard..loved trains all my life.

3) What lines we model
***WELL....Will be doing A New England "area" railroad...New Haven, Maine..CV..but ficticious line that will trade running rights with most any line..

4) years we model
*** Steam-Diesel transition era

ZERO...at the moment. As I said, just moved in March.. house repair projects almost done.. plans underway for the basement..I envision filling about 1/2 of it with trains.. maybe end up around 20X30 ish???? Anyone that would like to help, critique layout plans..nit pick etc is welcome to drop me a line!!LOL!

*** Always used DC..but I am leaning towards DCC as I am intrigued by the sound decoders...cant afford a LOT of them.. but at least one would be nice!!!
Go to Top of Page

doversport
New Hire

1 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2003 :  8:18:46 PM  Show Profile
*** I also am in Connecticut..Just moved here from Rhode Island (one year) and Maine (almost 20 years )
I am in Sterling, wich is in the Northeast Corner..id be happy to hear from any modelers in the area!

*** Modeling since I can remember..(took over my sisters Christmas train set when I was 5..im 49 now...)New Haven ran through my backyard..loved trains all my life.

3) What lines we model
***WELL....Will be doing A New England "area" railroad...New Haven, Maine..CV..but ficticious line that will trade running rights with most any line..

4) years we model
*** Steam-Diesel transition era

ZERO...at the moment. As I said, just moved in March.. house repair projects almost done.. plans underway for the basement..I envision filling about 1/2 of it with trains.. maybe end up around 20X30 ish???? Anyone that would like to help, critique layout plans..nit pick etc is welcome to drop me a line!!LOL!

*** Always used DC..but I am leaning towards DCC as I am intrigued by the sound decoders...cant afford a LOT of them.. but at least one would be nice!!!
Go to Top of Page

Bbags
Administrator

USA
13317 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2003 :  8:35:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi
Welcome to all the new members who have joined in the past few days.
I am relisting the questions that are being answered here for those that are new.
This will save you from wondering what are these people talking about.
For anyone else who reads this post if you would like to introduce yourself here is your chance.
Again thanks to all who have posted.
Here are the original questions.
3) What lines we model
4) years we model
5) how large is your layout and what scale do you model.

John Bagley

Edited by - Bbags on 07/29/2003 4:04:41 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.89 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000