Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5853 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  4:41:29 PM  Show Profile
Welcome , Steve , good to have another ' fellow Canadian ' on the Forum . There aren't too many but it's quality not quantity . I'm sure it's a tad nippy in Winnipeg but I think you will find it warmer here . What era CP and CN do you ?

TERRY
Go to Top of Page

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5853 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  4:41:29 PM  Show Profile
Welcome , Steve , good to have another ' fellow Canadian ' on the Forum . There aren't too many but it's quality not quantity . I'm sure it's a tad nippy in Winnipeg but I think you will find it warmer here . What era CP and CN do you ?

TERRY
Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  7:39:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Steve, and welcome to RR-L.

-39???... and I thought it was cold here in the middle of the U.S.! Our -5 is piddly compared to that...[:-cold]!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  7:39:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Steve, and welcome to RR-L.

-39???... and I thought it was cold here in the middle of the U.S.! Our -5 is piddly compared to that...[:-cold]!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Will_Annand
Crew Chief

Canada
732 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  10:55:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Will_Annand's Homepage
I guess I should take part.

1) What State or Country and nearest City we live in?

Huntsville, Ontario in the heart of Muskoka, 200KM north of Toronto.

2) How long modeling and how we got started?

First time from when I was 10 (1964) until I was 25. This time 3 months.

3) What lines we model?

Credit Valley Railway

4) years we model?

1871-1900

5) how large is your layout and what scale do you model.

HO standard guage. Right now in computer, in spring, "U" shaped in 9x11 alcove.

6) if we use DC, DCC or other?

Wasn't available last time, not sure this time.

7) anything else you want to add?

I also belong the the Muskoka Model Railroad Club. Ask me about details

8) post your picture if you dare?

Hmm, OK, here is the wife and I last May.

--
Will Annand
Modeling the CVR in N Scale.
www.muskokacomputes.com/CVR-Home.html
Go to Top of Page

Will_Annand
Crew Chief

Canada
732 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  10:55:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Will_Annand's Homepage
I guess I should take part.

1) What State or Country and nearest City we live in?

Huntsville, Ontario in the heart of Muskoka, 200KM north of Toronto.

2) How long modeling and how we got started?

First time from when I was 10 (1964) until I was 25. This time 3 months.

3) What lines we model?

Credit Valley Railway

4) years we model?

1871-1900

5) how large is your layout and what scale do you model.

HO standard guage. Right now in computer, in spring, "U" shaped in 9x11 alcove.

6) if we use DC, DCC or other?

Wasn't available last time, not sure this time.

7) anything else you want to add?

I also belong the the Muskoka Model Railroad Club. Ask me about details

8) post your picture if you dare?

Hmm, OK, here is the wife and I last May.

--
Will Annand
Go to Top of Page

Steve R
Section Hand

Canada
59 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  11:59:18 PM  Show Profile
quote:

TERRY

Hi Terry,

I haven't settled on an era yet. I'm still in the "I like that loco, I think I'll get it" stage. Do we ever get out of that? I will probably go with the transition era, because I like both steam and diesel. If you look at the photos below you will see most of my locos. Except fot the Tyco 0-4-0 in the lower left of the first photo. And the Lionel GS4 in the lower right in the second photo(which were bought 25 years ago),everything was purchased in the last year and a half.

Have a good one.

Steve

Go to Top of Page

Steve R
Section Hand

Canada
59 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  11:59:18 PM  Show Profile
quote:

TERRY

Hi Terry,

I haven't settled on an era yet. I'm still in the "I like that loco, I think I'll get it" stage. Do we ever get out of that? I will probably go with the transition era, because I like both steam and diesel. If you look at the photos below you will see most of my locos. Except fot the Tyco 0-4-0 in the lower left of the first photo. And the Lionel GS4 in the lower right in the second photo(which were bought 25 years ago),everything was purchased in the last year and a half.

Have a good one.

Steve

Go to Top of Page

wrongsideofthetracks
Crew Chief

Canada
940 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2004 :  12:13:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit wrongsideofthetracks's Homepage
Rats![:-mouse][:-mouse][:-mouse][:-mouse] I guess I introduced myself in the wrong place.
I live in Vancouver, BC am 34, house, wife, kids, the usual. I started building models and playing with trains when I was 8 and built my first layout when I was 13 - you know, the 4 x 8 piece of plywood with the plastic mountains and lots of Tyco locos - boy was that ever fun! I love BC Rail and Great Northern. I have modeled both in N and HO, but now strictly HO. I also enjoy building 1/35 armored fighting vehicles and 1/87 scale vehicles - you can search some of my work/models on the 1/87 scale site. I just love modeling in general. Also like to fly fish, ride my mountain bike and avid hockey fan. I also started a small cottage industry company about a year and a half ago called Surrey Custom Models. I run a small web listing in the back of MRR. That is about it. I will try and share what I have learned over the years from a variety of different modeling venues and some pics of the new GN layout I am building this spring. All the best to everyone. Thank you, Karl.

http://apachemodelworks.blogspot.ca
British Columbia, Canada
Go to Top of Page

wrongsideofthetracks
Crew Chief

Canada
940 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2004 :  12:13:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit wrongsideofthetracks's Homepage
Rats![:-mouse][:-mouse][:-mouse][:-mouse] I guess I introduced myself in the wrong place.
I live in Vancouver, BC am 34, house, wife, kids, the usual. I started building models and playing with trains when I was 8 and built my first layout when I was 13 - you know, the 4 x 8 piece of plywood with the plastic mountains and lots of Tyco locos - boy was that ever fun! I love BC Rail and Great Northern. I have modeled both in N and HO, but now strictly HO. I also enjoy building 1/35 armored fighting vehicles and 1/87 scale vehicles - you can search some of my work/models on the 1/87 scale site. I just love modeling in general. Also like to fly fish, ride my mountain bike and avid hockey fan. I also started a small cottage industry company about a year and a half ago called Surrey Custom Models. I run a small web listing in the back of MRR. That is about it. I will try and share what I have learned over the years from a variety of different modeling venues and some pics of the new GN layout I am building this spring. All the best to everyone. Thank you, Karl.

http://apachemodelworks.blogspot.ca
British Columbia, Canada
Go to Top of Page

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5853 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2004 :  12:32:39 AM  Show Profile
Quite the collection there Steve , you've been busy! And a wide variety . I'm not into passenger , personally , although I do have a rather 'industrialized ' Doodlebug . I'm strictly industrial ,early switchers , old CPR logo ( pre wet noodle ) with some of my favourite steam : Shay , Mountain & Mikado .I like the GE 44 tonner as you do .Where did the UP come from ? Hard to see but looks like an early CN switcher , first pic , third level down .I've got a couple of CN's too but will redecal them ....or come up with a lend/lease program ' story ' to fit the situation .
Later , TERRY
Go to Top of Page

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5853 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2004 :  12:32:39 AM  Show Profile
Quite the collection there Steve , you've been busy! And a wide variety . I'm not into passenger , personally , although I do have a rather 'industrialized ' Doodlebug . I'm strictly industrial ,early switchers , old CPR logo ( pre wet noodle ) with some of my favourite steam : Shay , Mountain & Mikado .I like the GE 44 tonner as you do .Where did the UP come from ? Hard to see but looks like an early CN switcher , first pic , third level down .I've got a couple of CN's too but will redecal them ....or come up with a lend/lease program ' story ' to fit the situation .
Later , TERRY
Go to Top of Page

Steve R
Section Hand

Canada
59 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2004 :  01:37:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi Terry,

That UP SW1500(Athearn) is what got me back into the hobby. I was just looking for something newer to run around on a loop of track to have some fun with and it called out to me. The rest is history.
First pic, third level down: The first two locos are both CN switchers. The one on the left is a Atlas S-2. The next one is a P2K S-3

Here's a closer look.

Take care,

Steve

Go to Top of Page

Steve R
Section Hand

Canada
59 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2004 :  01:37:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi Terry,

That UP SW1500(Athearn) is what got me back into the hobby. I was just looking for something newer to run around on a loop of track to have some fun with and it called out to me. The rest is history.
First pic, third level down: The first two locos are both CN switchers. The one on the left is a Atlas S-2. The next one is a P2K S-3

Here's a closer look.

Take care,

Steve

Go to Top of Page

Will_Annand
Crew Chief

Canada
732 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2004 :  01:54:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Will_Annand's Homepage
Well, I went and did it.

I put up a website for my layout.

www.muskokacomputes.com/CVR_Home.htm

Mostly History, maps and historic pictures right now.

--
Will Annand
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.26 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000