Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5853 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  3:08:10 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the Forum , Miles , and hope you enjoy yourself here .There are many creative , experienced people here who are happy to help you out if the need arises .

TERRY
Go to Top of Page

Bbags
Administrator

USA
13304 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  3:11:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi Miles
Welcome to Railroad-Line Forum.
I am sure you have read the thread in the Craftsman Corner about our group project on building Foss' Landing.
It was a lot of fun and it is a great kit.
Please feel free to add your comments and pictures if possible as you complete the construction.
As many of us have already finished the kit please ask any questions you may have regarding its construction.
Look forward to your input on this forum.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.
Go to Top of Page

Bbags
Administrator

USA
13304 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  3:11:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi Miles
Welcome to Railroad-Line Forum.
I am sure you have read the thread in the Craftsman Corner about our group project on building Foss' Landing.
It was a lot of fun and it is a great kit.
Please feel free to add your comments and pictures if possible as you complete the construction.
As many of us have already finished the kit please ask any questions you may have regarding its construction.
Look forward to your input on this forum.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.
Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  6:01:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Miles, and welcome to RR-L.

As John mentioned, we had a great time building Foss' Landing together and adding our own touches to the model along the way. It builds up into a great looking model. You won't regret your purchase.

Here's a link to the Foss' construction thread John mentioned:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3679
Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  6:01:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Miles, and welcome to RR-L.

As John mentioned, we had a great time building Foss' Landing together and adding our own touches to the model along the way. It builds up into a great looking model. You won't regret your purchase.

Here's a link to the Foss' construction thread John mentioned:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3679
Go to Top of Page

bpate
Fireman

Australia
3090 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  6:16:41 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Miles and Sean to the forum, you are most welcome.

Sounds like a familiar story, Santa's great isn't he? I look forward to seeing your progress photos on Foss's Landing.

Go to Top of Page

bpate
Fireman

Australia
3090 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  6:16:41 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Miles and Sean to the forum, you are most welcome.

Sounds like a familiar story, Santa's great isn't he? I look forward to seeing your progress photos on Foss's Landing.

Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31170 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  7:36:40 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Miles & Dennis! I hope that you continue to enjoy the hobby with your son & granson respectively.
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31170 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  7:36:40 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Miles & Dennis! I hope that you continue to enjoy the hobby with your son & granson respectively.
Go to Top of Page

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5853 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  7:57:30 PM  Show Profile
Didn't mean to exclude you Dennis , welcome of course ...guess I didn't scroll up far enough .
Good to see that you have enjoyed yourself , so far , in your brief time with the Forum .

TERRY
Go to Top of Page

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5853 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  7:57:30 PM  Show Profile
Didn't mean to exclude you Dennis , welcome of course ...guess I didn't scroll up far enough .
Good to see that you have enjoyed yourself , so far , in your brief time with the Forum .

TERRY
Go to Top of Page

Climax1880
Fireman

USA
1696 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  9:18:56 PM  Show Profile
Since I'm the "boot" of this group (Joined today 01-25-04) I'll introduce myself. I live in Charlotte, NC. I've been modeling for about 15 years and interested in railroads for about 65. Yes, I'm that old. My interest in railroading was started when I was a young 'un. Lived with relatives about a block and a half from the 4-track mainline NYC in Rochester, NY and we went at least twice a week to see the Empire State Express streak by. At 12, I got a Lionel 027 set for Christmas. I am constructing a small little-known mining & logging outfit that existed in Northern Va 1880-1920. Layout will be 3 10' sections in a U-shape. Research time 25+ years.
Very little paper work and conflicting histories. Most information came from Nat'l Park Svc. (Sorry, no picture).

John

Go to Top of Page

Climax1880
Fireman

USA
1696 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  9:18:56 PM  Show Profile
Since I'm the "boot" of this group (Joined today 01-25-04) I'll introduce myself. I live in Charlotte, NC. I've been modeling for about 15 years and interested in railroads for about 65. Yes, I'm that old. My interest in railroading was started when I was a young 'un. Lived with relatives about a block and a half from the 4-track mainline NYC in Rochester, NY and we went at least twice a week to see the Empire State Express streak by. At 12, I got a Lionel 027 set for Christmas. I am constructing a small little-known mining & logging outfit that existed in Northern Va 1880-1920. Layout will be 3 10' sections in a U-shape. Research time 25+ years.
Very little paper work and conflicting histories. Most information came from Nat'l Park Svc. (Sorry, no picture).

John

Go to Top of Page

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5853 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  10:39:43 PM  Show Profile
Wecome , John , sounds like an interesting project you've got going there , obviously researched to the hilt .Sounds like there may be a Shay in your future ,what with the turn of the century logging and mining railroad .Keep us all posted on how you are getting along with it .

TERRY
Go to Top of Page

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5853 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  10:39:43 PM  Show Profile
Wecome , John , sounds like an interesting project you've got going there , obviously researched to the hilt .Sounds like there may be a Shay in your future ,what with the turn of the century logging and mining railroad .Keep us all posted on how you are getting along with it .

TERRY
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000