Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

slimrails

USA
8368 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  06:55:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
Thanks, Bruce!
Hawthorne was a GREAT railfanning town when I was a kid! If you didn't get any action over on Washington Avenue (where I lived) by the Erie station, you just hopped over to that little Susquehanna overpass! One thing that we never, EVER did was try to cross the bridges over the Passaic River. Put lots of pennies on the tracks, though. I remember the Erie Limited blowing passed the station at night...wow! North Hawthorne was cool, too. My father and I walked up there once and were treated to a tour of a Susquehanna caboose. Those were the days! I have both Erie, DL&W, & Susquehanna stuff, all diesel locos, except for my new Broadway Limited Erie heavy mike. I needed something to pull my Quality Craft Erie wood caboose! I also picked up a sharp Dunmore shops steel caboose from a small manufacturer, JJL, through 20th Century Hobbies. The Lackawanna stuff that I have are brass milk cars, a brass caboose, some boxcar kits that I built, a P2K GP9, and a Stewart F3 A-B-C set. I also have a couple of Bethlehem Car works kits, one 'in the works', another in the box. They're Erie and Lackawanna head end cars (love that head end stuff!) The Susquehanna is a bit thin. I have a brass RS-1 painted in the dirty silver scheme and a Kadee boxcar...that's it! I'm patiently waiting for someone other than Overland to put out a caboose...North Hawthorne Car Shops announced a resin model YEARS ago...nothing out there that I know of...do you? Well, thanks again for the welcome, Bruce!

Russ
Go to Top of Page

slimrails

USA
8368 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  06:55:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
Thanks, Bruce!
Hawthorne was a GREAT railfanning town when I was a kid! If you didn't get any action over on Washington Avenue (where I lived) by the Erie station, you just hopped over to that little Susquehanna overpass! One thing that we never, EVER did was try to cross the bridges over the Passaic River. Put lots of pennies on the tracks, though. I remember the Erie Limited blowing passed the station at night...wow! North Hawthorne was cool, too. My father and I walked up there once and were treated to a tour of a Susquehanna caboose. Those were the days! I have both Erie, DL&W, & Susquehanna stuff, all diesel locos, except for my new Broadway Limited Erie heavy mike. I needed something to pull my Quality Craft Erie wood caboose! I also picked up a sharp Dunmore shops steel caboose from a small manufacturer, JJL, through 20th Century Hobbies. The Lackawanna stuff that I have are brass milk cars, a brass caboose, some boxcar kits that I built, a P2K GP9, and a Stewart F3 A-B-C set. I also have a couple of Bethlehem Car works kits, one 'in the works', another in the box. They're Erie and Lackawanna head end cars (love that head end stuff!) The Susquehanna is a bit thin. I have a brass RS-1 painted in the dirty silver scheme and a Kadee boxcar...that's it! I'm patiently waiting for someone other than Overland to put out a caboose...North Hawthorne Car Shops announced a resin model YEARS ago...nothing out there that I know of...do you? Well, thanks again for the welcome, Bruce!

Russ
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31247 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  07:11:22 AM  Show Profile
Russ,

Keep your eye out for new offerings from "The Old & Weary Car Shop." http://www.theoldandwearycarshop.com/

I believe he is working on a laser-cut caboose kit.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31247 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  07:11:22 AM  Show Profile
Russ,

Keep your eye out for new offerings from "The Old & Weary Car Shop." http://www.theoldandwearycarshop.com/

I believe he is working on a laser-cut caboose kit.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

TomPM
Fireman

USA
4648 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  08:04:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Russ.

It seems like we are getting quite a few Mid Atlantic modelers lately. I am modeling a freelanced line in southeastern Pennsylvania that has connections with several of the antracite roads.

Tom
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100
Go to Top of Page

TomPM
Fireman

USA
4648 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  08:04:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Russ.

It seems like we are getting quite a few Mid Atlantic modelers lately. I am modeling a freelanced line in southeastern Pennsylvania that has connections with several of the antracite roads.

Tom
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100
Go to Top of Page

Bbags
Administrator

USA
13309 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  08:15:09 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Russ and thanks for taking the time to fill out our little biography.
I have also spent time looking at you postcards.
I especially like the waterfront photos as I will have a car float on my layout.
If you are at the train show please make sure you wear the Santa costume so that we will be able to pick you out of the crowd.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.
Go to Top of Page

Bbags
Administrator

USA
13309 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  08:15:09 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Russ and thanks for taking the time to fill out our little biography.
I have also spent time looking at you postcards.
I especially like the waterfront photos as I will have a car float on my layout.
If you are at the train show please make sure you wear the Santa costume so that we will be able to pick you out of the crowd.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.
Go to Top of Page

dsteele
Engine Wiper

USA
400 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  11:48:42 AM  Show Profile
1. My name is Dennis Steele and I live in Peoria Illinois.
2. I've been in MRR for a bit less than 6 months at this point. I got involved in part to "graduate" my 4-year old grandson from wooden Thomas the Tank Engine to something a little more sophisticated. And in part because I wanted to get into MRR.
3. I model UP and BNSF. The UP runs on tracks immediately behind our new home. Grandson loves it and its easy trainspotting. BNSF runs in the area.
4. I'm modeling the current/contemporary era.
5. My layout is 5'x9'. I'm using the Atlas HO-28 Granite Gorge and Northern plan.
6. When comes the time, I'll go with DCC.
7. Love the Forums and have learned so much reading them. Have developed a good off-line friendship with one modeler building the same layout, and together we've found two other guys also buidling it. We have our own little "club."
Thanks for all you do for MRR!
Go to Top of Page

dsteele
Engine Wiper

USA
400 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  11:48:42 AM  Show Profile
1. My name is Dennis Steele and I live in Peoria Illinois.
2. I've been in MRR for a bit less than 6 months at this point. I got involved in part to "graduate" my 4-year old grandson from wooden Thomas the Tank Engine to something a little more sophisticated. And in part because I wanted to get into MRR.
3. I model UP and BNSF. The UP runs on tracks immediately behind our new home. Grandson loves it and its easy trainspotting. BNSF runs in the area.
4. I'm modeling the current/contemporary era.
5. My layout is 5'x9'. I'm using the Atlas HO-28 Granite Gorge and Northern plan.
6. When comes the time, I'll go with DCC.
7. Love the Forums and have learned so much reading them. Have developed a good off-line friendship with one modeler building the same layout, and together we've found two other guys also buidling it. We have our own little "club."
Thanks for all you do for MRR!
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
22793 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  12:17:52 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Russ and Dennis. I look forward to more of your posts in the future.
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
22793 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  12:17:52 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Russ and Dennis. I look forward to more of your posts in the future.
Go to Top of Page

Bosco5
Crew Chief

USA
518 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  3:01:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bosco5's Homepage
Hello, my name is Miles and I'm new to both this forum and model railraoding. Lets see - here's the requested info:

I live in Maryland with my wife and son (Sean, age 8 and a train fanatic)

Sean and I have been modeling about 2 years - ever since Santa brought me - ahem, I mean Sean, a Bachman B&O train set.

We model the B&O but aren't all that time period specific yet. It's an urban layout with a small harbor.

Our layout is an 8 x 9' around the wall set-up - I've learned the hard way about duck unders and will be looking through this forum for ideas on how to build a moveable gate. We don't use DCC yet.

My next challenge is building the SierraWest Scale Model's "Foss's Landing", which should arrive in the next week or so. Sean allready picked out the spot on the layout where it needs to go.

Have a great day

Miles
Go to Top of Page

Bosco5
Crew Chief

USA
518 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  3:01:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bosco5's Homepage
Hello, my name is Miles and I'm new to both this forum and model railraoding. Lets see - here's the requested info:

I live in Maryland with my wife and son (Sean, age 8 and a train fanatic)

Sean and I have been modeling about 2 years - ever since Santa brought me - ahem, I mean Sean, a Bachman B&O train set.

We model the B&O but aren't all that time period specific yet. It's an urban layout with a small harbor.

Our layout is an 8 x 9' around the wall set-up - I've learned the hard way about duck unders and will be looking through this forum for ideas on how to build a moveable gate. We don't use DCC yet.

My next challenge is building the SierraWest Scale Model's "Foss's Landing", which should arrive in the next week or so. Sean allready picked out the spot on the layout where it needs to go.

Have a great day

Miles
Go to Top of Page

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5853 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  3:08:10 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the Forum , Miles , and hope you enjoy yourself here .There are many creative , experienced people here who are happy to help you out if the need arises .

TERRY
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000