Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31273 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  9:12:15 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Richard! All are welcome here, so fear not. I see that you are from Unadilla. We used to go to a campground up there. At that time (the early 1970's), there was a school set near a dam on a lake or reservoir. Their sign said something like "Best School by a Dam Site"! That obviously stuck in my mind. Good railroad country too. Again, welcome.
Go to Top of Page

wvrr
Fireman

6494 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  10:16:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Richard,

Welcome! I'm currently living in NJ. But, I'm originally from Towanda, PA. Always fun to see someone from that area! I think you will find this a fun forum.

Chuck
Go to Top of Page

wvrr
Fireman

6494 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  10:16:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Richard,

Welcome! I'm currently living in NJ. But, I'm originally from Towanda, PA. Always fun to see someone from that area! I think you will find this a fun forum.

Chuck
Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  11:53:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Richard. Welcome to RR-L!

I think you will fit in just fine. [:-thumbu]
Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  11:53:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Richard. Welcome to RR-L!

I think you will fit in just fine. [:-thumbu]
Go to Top of Page

bpate
Fireman

Australia
3090 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  12:07:12 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Richard and Steve! Like that shot in the upper deck Steve!
Go to Top of Page

bpate
Fireman

Australia
3090 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  12:07:12 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Richard and Steve! Like that shot in the upper deck Steve!
Go to Top of Page

TomPM
Fireman

USA
4648 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  12:31:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Steve and Richard!

Tom
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100
Go to Top of Page

TomPM
Fireman

USA
4648 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  12:31:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Steve and Richard!

Tom
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100
Go to Top of Page

slimrails

USA
8379 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  10:08:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
Good Evening, Friends...
I'm originally from Hawthorne, NJ where the Erie mainline and the NYS&W crossed the Passaic River. I literally had the Erie running behind my house as I lived six houses from the station. Used to play on the tracks and got whoopped for it...didn't stop me. This was in the late 50s, early 60s. I remember RS2s & 3s, GP7s, Stillwell coaches, PAs, and those famous Susquehanna RS-1s. My father used to take me into Hoboken and across the Hudson on the Lackawanna ferries to poke around Manhattan. I now live in Ansonia, CT and finally bought a house. I had been a condo/apartment guy, but this only allowed me to build kits and collect models...not run them. I model some DL&W, Erie, NYS&W, and have a design for my own road, Hudson Electric. I used to model in HOn3, but that became too mainstream so I shifted to traction. If traction becomes too popular, maybe I'll do coal mines. I've always been attracted to the oddball stuff, but I needed a way to incorporate my HO standard guage stuff into a layout. Working in two gauges would be very time consuming and expensive. One for the layout at home, another to run on friend's layouts? Nah. I decided on an HO basement layout that'll be an 'L' shaped shelf about 14' long with a 6' leg and return loops mounted below. It'll be rigged with catenary for pantograph operation, but not with live juice in the wire. It's a mid-50s road running from Camden, NJ to Jersey City and up to Paterson. My layout is on paper while the basement work is under way. I have to change all of my motive power to DCC for both running on my future layout and on a friend's layout. That's me! Oh, I'm 52, married, an empty nester, and like my coffee with milk, no sugar and Fuente Churchill cigars!

Russ

Edited by - slimrails on 01/11/2004 10:11:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

slimrails

USA
8379 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  10:08:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
Good Evening, Friends...
I'm originally from Hawthorne, NJ where the Erie mainline and the NYS&W crossed the Passaic River. I literally had the Erie running behind my house as I lived six houses from the station. Used to play on the tracks and got whoopped for it...didn't stop me. This was in the late 50s, early 60s. I remember RS2s & 3s, GP7s, Stillwell coaches, PAs, and those famous Susquehanna RS-1s. My father used to take me into Hoboken and across the Hudson on the Lackawanna ferries to poke around Manhattan. I now live in Ansonia, CT and finally bought a house. I had been a condo/apartment guy, but this only allowed me to build kits and collect models...not run them. I model some DL&W, Erie, NYS&W, and have a design for my own road, Hudson Electric. I used to model in HOn3, but that became too mainstream so I shifted to traction. If traction becomes too popular, maybe I'll do coal mines. I've always been attracted to the oddball stuff, but I needed a way to incorporate my HO standard guage stuff into a layout. Working in two gauges would be very time consuming and expensive. One for the layout at home, another to run on friend's layouts? Nah. I decided on an HO basement layout that'll be an 'L' shaped shelf about 14' long with a 6' leg and return loops mounted below. It'll be rigged with catenary for pantograph operation, but not with live juice in the wire. It's a mid-50s road running from Camden, NJ to Jersey City and up to Paterson. My layout is on paper while the basement work is under way. I have to change all of my motive power to DCC for both running on my future layout and on a friend's layout. That's me! Oh, I'm 52, married, an empty nester, and like my coffee with milk, no sugar and Fuente Churchill cigars!

Russ

Edited by - slimrails on 01/11/2004 10:11:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

wvrr
Fireman

6494 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  10:38:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Welcome Russ. I look forward to seeing how the Hudson Electric evolves. I plan to build a coal mine, so does that mean I am not "main stream"?

Chuck
Go to Top of Page

wvrr
Fireman

6494 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  10:38:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Welcome Russ. I look forward to seeing how the Hudson Electric evolves. I plan to build a coal mine, so does that mean I am not "main stream"?

Chuck
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31273 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  10:42:37 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Russ. Both my wife and my father are Hawthorne natives (Cedar Street and Frederick Ave, respectively.) If you look on page 6 of the "Prototype Structures" thread in the Photography Fourm, you will find pictues of the NYS&W Hawthorne Station as it currently looks. I model the Susquehanna and the roads it interchanged with in the 1930's to 1950's.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31273 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  10:42:37 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Russ. Both my wife and my father are Hawthorne natives (Cedar Street and Frederick Ave, respectively.) If you look on page 6 of the "Prototype Structures" thread in the Photography Fourm, you will find pictues of the NYS&W Hawthorne Station as it currently looks. I model the Susquehanna and the roads it interchanged with in the 1930's to 1950's.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000