Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

wvrr
Fireman

6490 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  6:59:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Ken,

This is wild! I've gone wind surfing on that lake. My brother lives in Beaver Dam and he has a friend that has a wind surfing business in Fond Du Lac right across the street from the lake.

Chuck
Go to Top of Page

wvrr
Fireman

6490 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  6:59:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Ken,

This is wild! I've gone wind surfing on that lake. My brother lives in Beaver Dam and he has a friend that has a wind surfing business in Fond Du Lac right across the street from the lake.

Chuck
Go to Top of Page

bpate
Fireman

Australia
3090 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  7:12:17 PM  Show Profile
Bill, I have started to check out your website and I like what you are doing with it very much. I want to go back and take more in later. I like that Shay! When I worked for Medtronic back in the 80's I used to visit St Paul every so often. Really enjoyed it.

Love that hat Marken!

Go to Top of Page

bpate
Fireman

Australia
3090 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  7:12:17 PM  Show Profile
Bill, I have started to check out your website and I like what you are doing with it very much. I want to go back and take more in later. I like that Shay! When I worked for Medtronic back in the 80's I used to visit St Paul every so often. Really enjoyed it.

Love that hat Marken!

Go to Top of Page

Marken
Fireman

USA
2972 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  8:23:32 PM  Show Profile
Small world, isn't it Chuck?

I know the place. Right across the street from Sunset Supper Club. Sometimes the brave ones come running up our way, especially with a good wind. You should see the ice boats come winter... those are cool.

I spend quite a few days ice fishing Beaver Dam Lake every winter.

In memory of Mike Chambers
Go to Top of Page

Marken
Fireman

USA
2972 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  8:23:32 PM  Show Profile
Small world, isn't it Chuck?

I know the place. Right across the street from Sunset Supper Club. Sometimes the brave ones come running up our way, especially with a good wind. You should see the ice boats come winter... those are cool.

I spend quite a few days ice fishing Beaver Dam Lake every winter.

In memory of Mike Chambers
Go to Top of Page

railcodger
Engine Wiper

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  08:14:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ken,

As you may have seen on my bio(page 6), I also am a cheesehead. When we lived in Oshkosh we used to sail to Calumet Harbor from the Pioneer Inn.

william
Go to Top of Page

railcodger
Engine Wiper

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  08:14:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ken,

As you may have seen on my bio(page 6), I also am a cheesehead. When we lived in Oshkosh we used to sail to Calumet Harbor from the Pioneer Inn.

william
Go to Top of Page

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5853 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  09:52:17 AM  Show Profile
I'm in !
1)Windsor , Ontario ,Canada right across the river from Detroit Mich.

2)Like many my age I started with O in the 50's , Dabbled briefly with HO in the 60's and then had a long layoff until resuming HO in the mid 90's
3)I model Canadian Pacific
4)I like deisel and steam , so model mid 50's
5)I'm building a new layout 25ft.x 7 ft.
6)I'm going DCC Digitrax for the first time
7)I'm finding this website, and the people out there very helpful
Go to Top of Page

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5853 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  09:52:17 AM  Show Profile
I'm in !
1)Windsor , Ontario ,Canada right across the river from Detroit Mich.

2)Like many my age I started with O in the 50's , Dabbled briefly with HO in the 60's and then had a long layoff until resuming HO in the mid 90's
3)I model Canadian Pacific
4)I like deisel and steam , so model mid 50's
5)I'm building a new layout 25ft.x 7 ft.
6)I'm going DCC Digitrax for the first time
7)I'm finding this website, and the people out there very helpful
Go to Top of Page

mnguy
Engine Wiper

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  11:38:45 AM  Show Profile
Barry,
Thanks for compliment. The site has kinda morphed from a one page Hello World kinda thing into the train pages it is today. I been out of the pic for a while, but I think today may be a play day. Got a couple guys running at the moment, and may hit the project on the workbench. Yea, I *love* St Paul, worked downtown from 1979 to 1986. Great little town. Easygoing, quiet and friendly. And then there's Minneapolis.....
Go to Top of Page

mnguy
Engine Wiper

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  11:38:45 AM  Show Profile
Barry,
Thanks for compliment. The site has kinda morphed from a one page Hello World kinda thing into the train pages it is today. I been out of the pic for a while, but I think today may be a play day. Got a couple guys running at the moment, and may hit the project on the workbench. Yea, I *love* St Paul, worked downtown from 1979 to 1986. Great little town. Easygoing, quiet and friendly. And then there's Minneapolis.....
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
22687 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  1:21:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. I've been posting here for a few months now but have been negligent about posting to this thread.

1) What State or Country and nearest City we live in:
I live in Hamilton, NJ, which is a suburb of Trenton.

2) How long modeling and how we got started:
Iíve been RR modeling two years now. I had a Tyco set when I was a kid and like everyone
else out grew them when cars, girls and college became more important. I picked up a copy of Model Railroader in a bookstore two years ago and that rekindled my interest in the hobby.

3) What lines we model:
I have a little of everything on my layout. I have CNJ, Reading and PRR. Iím not into recreating a prototype; my main interest in the hobby is building craftsman kits and scenery. The trains are just an excess to do the other two.

4) Years we model:
Transition era. Late 50ís early- mid 60ís.

5) How large is your layout and what scale do you model:
My current layout is 4x8 with an extension of another 2x8 cut in half length ways and joined at 90 degrees.

6) If we use DC, DCC or other:
I currently use my old Tyco DC power supply. I will upgrade to DCC when I start building my new layout.

7) Anything else you want to add:
I just want to say thank you to Joe for hosting such a great forum and to all the moderators for taking the time to make sure everything runs smoothly. Also a big thank you to all the regulars that post here. The amount of quality information I have learned here is second to none.

8) Post your picture if you dare:
OK, you asked for it:

This is me with my two daughters. Nicole, age 13 and Jacklynn, age 14.

As you think, so will you be.

Edited by - Rick on 12/29/2003 1:24:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
22687 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  1:21:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. I've been posting here for a few months now but have been negligent about posting to this thread.

1) What State or Country and nearest City we live in:
I live in Hamilton, NJ, which is a suburb of Trenton.

2) How long modeling and how we got started:
Iíve been RR modeling two years now. I had a Tyco set when I was a kid and like everyone
else out grew them when cars, girls and college became more important. I picked up a copy of Model Railroader in a bookstore two years ago and that rekindled my interest in the hobby.

3) What lines we model:
I have a little of everything on my layout. I have CNJ, Reading and PRR. Iím not into recreating a prototype; my main interest in the hobby is building craftsman kits and scenery. The trains are just an excess to do the other two.

4) Years we model:
Transition era. Late 50ís early- mid 60ís.

5) How large is your layout and what scale do you model:
My current layout is 4x8 with an extension of another 2x8 cut in half length ways and joined at 90 degrees.

6) If we use DC, DCC or other:
I currently use my old Tyco DC power supply. I will upgrade to DCC when I start building my new layout.

7) Anything else you want to add:
I just want to say thank you to Joe for hosting such a great forum and to all the moderators for taking the time to make sure everything runs smoothly. Also a big thank you to all the regulars that post here. The amount of quality information I have learned here is second to none.

8) Post your picture if you dare:
OK, you asked for it:

This is me with my two daughters. Nicole, age 13 and Jacklynn, age 14.

As you think, so will you be.

Edited by - Rick on 12/29/2003 1:24:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bbags
Administrator

USA
13304 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  4:12:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Rick
Great looking family you have there.
Also thanks for taking the time to fill out this little biography and thank you for the very informative posts you have made to this group.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.81 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000