Atlas Right Track Software
 Xp Problems
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pierce
Section Hand

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2002 :  10:44:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit pierce's Homepage  Send pierce an AOL message  Send pierce a Yahoo! Message
Im haveing a problem in windows xp when building benchwork! It says "can not creat window device" Then closes. Whats up with that! and the auto save will not work either!
A very irtaded,
Pierce

NYC
Fireman

USA
2044 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2002 :  10:55:36 PM  Show Profile
Pierce, what video card do you have? Also how many other programs are you running at the same time? (include anything on your task bar)

BTW welcome aboard the RR-Lines!!!

Modeling the NYC railroad
(Not Yet Completed Railroad)

Phil

Edited by - nyc on 07/09/2002 22:58:34
Go to Top of Page

pierce
Section Hand

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2002 :  1:10:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit pierce's Homepage  Send pierce an AOL message  Send pierce a Yahoo! Message
My video card is a nivedia Gforce 4 and I have volume control, Norton Atni Virus, Scanner controller, Printer Controller, and Cd-RW Controller. I have 1 gb ram.
Pierce

Go to Top of Page

NYC
Fireman

USA
2044 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2002 :  8:57:26 PM  Show Profile
I also have a nivedia Gforce video card at home and I have had problems with Right Track on that computer, what I do (and it is a pain) is to switch to a generic video card and run right track then switch back. nivedia may have a new driver that would fix this problem, I haven't looked lately.

Now Right Track works on my other computers with no problem at all but all have different video cards.

Modeling the NYC railroad
(Not Yet Completed Railroad)

Phil
Go to Top of Page

TrainWorm
Engine Wiper

USA
317 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2002 :  12:44:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit TrainWorm's Homepage  Send TrainWorm a Yahoo! Message
I am having the exact same problems as you are Pierce. i get the "cannot create window device" and "Invalid floating point" errors all the time. I am running basically the same video card as you.

Union Pacific
"We Will Devour"
Go to Top of Page

deablo
Engine Wiper

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2002 :  6:40:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit deablo's Homepage
XP users:
use the compatibilty wizzard. Go START+ALL PROGRAMS+ACCCESSORIES+COMPATIBILLTY WIZZARD and choose RTS 5.0 set the windows version to diffrent than XP like 95 or ME/98.
this should fix the problem.

Dave

Check out my website at
Daves model railroading page

Go to Top of Page

deablo
Engine Wiper

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2002 :  6:40:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit deablo's Homepage
XP users:
use the compatibilty wizzard. Go START+ALL PROGRAMS+ACCCESSORIES+COMPATIBILLTY WIZZARD and choose RTS 5.0 set the windows version to diffrent than XP like 95 or ME/98.
this should fix the problem.

Dave

Check out my website at
Daves model railroading page

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000