Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31248 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  1:05:16 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon to the entire crew. Well, we got home from San Antonio last night, with only an 1.5 hour delay for the plane. When we turned into our driveway, this is what greeted us.

I remember that Allen came back to some problems, too. Oh well, the trip was still worth it!

Lunch today includes tomato salad, tomato sandwiches, stuffed tomatoes ... you get the idea. Our garden did not take a week vacation while we were away.

If I can get caught up with some of the home stuff, I hope to hit the bench tonight. We'll see.

Enjoy the remainder of the day.

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

USA
7815 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  1:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage
Well, Bruce, It looks like you have some LARGE weeding to do in the driveway! Don't start a tomato fight over it though.

Walt
Go to Top of Page

slimrails

USA
8370 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  1:19:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
Hey, Bruce...Thanks for the salad! I'm taking a break from concrete block and mixing...gotta go back to Da Depot and get 12 more bags of mix. WOW! What a sight to come home to, eh? That tree probably came down before last weekend during the storms associated with the hurricane. One came down across the street from us, too. How did your garage roof make out? Any structural damage? Good reason to have a chain saw...we have some big trees behind our house, too...it's just a matter of time for these big ol' trees. Well, gotta get goin' here. I have more work to do before the day's end. I'll check back in later. Welcome home, Bruce and Bonnie...think I'll stay home and not travel this year. [:-bigmouth] I have enough work to do...don't need to go away and come back to more!
Go to Top of Page

leeflan
Fireman

USA
2441 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  1:21:54 PM  Show Profile
Ouch![:-headache] That smarts, Bruce. Doesn't look like too much damage though.

Well, we're in the midst of yet another heat wave. Once again, umpty straight days of 100* plus temperatures out in our area.[:-hot][:-hot] At least it didn't get up to 119* like it did the last time.

Haven't done a lot of modeling lately; it's just too hot. But I have been looking to see what I need in the way of stuff for the Diorama Challenge.

Catch y'all later.
Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  1:35:16 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon, guys.

Bruce, that's a pretty common sight here in the land of tornadoes and ice storms. But it's still nothing fun to come home to, I'll bet.

Well, it looks like Joe got the server repairs made and we're good to go again. Many thanks, Joe![:-thumbu]

I just finished mowing the yard and trimming back a large shrub outside the kitchen window. Unfortunately, I'm out of the large paper "lawn and leaf" bags, so I've got to make a run to Walmart before I can clean up all the trimmings. I've also got to pick up Allie at the sitter's today, so I'd better get a move on.

Have a good one, all.

Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31248 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  1:41:34 PM  Show Profile
Well, it looks like the only damage it to a few shingles and the gutter. The last time I had a tree come down on the house, I cut it up. Then, the only cost was repairing the gutter, and I had to eat that. This time, the tree is going to stay there until the insurance adjuster comes out and sees the site. I think that I'll let an expert cut it up this time.
Go to Top of Page

anbhurst

USA
7259 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  1:42:19 PM  Show Profile
Bruce & Bonnie,

Our hearts go out to both of you. We're still recouping from our losses. Dunno is this blasted computer is ever gonna be the same again! We still haven't got our e-mail back in order.

The tub/shower fiasco turned out to be a blessing in disguise as the one that had been mistakenly delivered and installed on another's premises, turned out to be not what we wanted. Our MPV van is still up for grabs as I have an appointment this Friday to see what's a rye?

Right now, I think I could handle a tree. Last week, our neighbor had one of his 125 foot Doug-firs taken down. If he doesn't have the other one done, he's a fool! One tree that size standing by itself is a potential hazard, and he will be looking at a lot of damage when it falls from the Westerlies.

Bruce, please give us a follow-up on the damage. Was most of it external, or did limbs penetrate through the roof?

quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
15183 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  1:42:36 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon crew. Wow Bruce, I though this area was hit hard. I didn't realize you guys got it too. We returned home yesterday afternoon after being gone for five days and found only branches down and they didn't hit anything.

We had a long weekend of racing. My son didn't qualify well for the races, so for the Sunday race he started 22nd and moved up to 11th by the second lap. The third lap he was out with a bad differential. We replaced the differential and Monday he started 19th and ended up 10th, so it wasn't a wasted weekend.

I have 109 active topics to go through! Have a good day.

George
Go to Top of Page

jatravia
Fireman

USA
2831 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  1:55:27 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon all,

It seems we had some forum issues last night and this morning. Does anyone know what the problem was? I couldn't get on ... but I could see the ads at the top of the page! I was going through withdraw. I missed all you guys [:-cry]. In anycase I am glad we're back up.

Nothing much going but I wanted to chime in with; Wow Bruce! What a mess. I hope clean up and repair isn't too big an issue. Your home owners insurance paid up I hope!

Joe <><

Gen 15:6 And he believed in the LORD, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.
Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  1:58:05 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jatravia

[font=Comic Sans MS]Afternoon all,

It seems we had some forum issues last night and this morning. Does anyone know what the problem was?

The forums' database server went down yesterday afternoon. Joe couldn't make repairs until this morning.

Go to Top of Page

kay4pacific
Fireman

USA
4765 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  2:09:58 PM  Show Profile
Ooooh, that hurts, Hope there was only minimal damage. Looks like the doors are still operable.
Glad you enjoyed your trip. Thanks for the tomatoes. There on my diet[:-bigeyes].It's an ok day on the Cape and most of the Tourist are gone. I can now make a left turn unto the highway Have a nice day everyone
Go to Top of Page

TomPM
Fireman

USA
4648 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  2:34:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Good afternoon folks

It is rained again here the Delaware Valley this morning. I think if we get any more rain I will have mold growing on me. I spent almost two hours standing in the rain during Kyle’s football practice last night. They have their first game Saturday and they needed the practice because they lost three practices due to rain, photo ids, and the holiday.

I continued adding more trees, foliage, fine leaf foliage, clump foliage, and grass around the cement distributor building.

Bruce, I hope that the damage is not too severe.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Tom
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100
Go to Top of Page

mikeLV
Crew Chief

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  3:32:16 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon!
Bruce, what a surprise to come home to!!! Thank goodness it wasn't over the house area in case it rained...hopefully nothing inside was damaged! Seems like you could get someone to cut it up in exchange for the firewood.

It looks like we bypassed any rain today in Lancaster. The sun has been out most of the afternoon.

I'm on vacation this week and have been working on the layout yesterday and today. Mapped out where some of my buildings will be, and mocked up some paper buildings to get a feel if I liked the look. I've always loved the elevated area of Manchester on George Sellios layout. I've studied those pictures a million times and thought I'd "borrow" his idea for that part of my layout. It's my way of keeping my visit to his layout always in the back of my mind. If I can imitate 10% of his skills on my layout, I'll be very happy.

I took a break from laying some more subroadbed and track to see if the forum was back up.
So, I'm heading back down to lay some more. If I can get a decent amount of track up and running by the end of this week, I'll consider my vacation a success!

Hope all are well! I'll check back in later.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

LVRALPH
Fireman

5584 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  4:10:02 PM  Show Profile
Bruce...close call. Phew!
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31248 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  4:31:34 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by LVRALPH

Bruce...close call. Phew!

Ralph,

If it had fallen the other direction, it would have crushed my new truck![:-shake]
Go to Top of Page

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5853 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  4:39:02 PM  Show Profile
Bummer , Bruce . Hopefully there was no structural damage ...doesn't look too bad in the photo . Look at it this way ...lots of free firewood for those cold winter nights !

Terry
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000