Tuesday late breakfast/early lunch lounge
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31247 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  11:55:09 AM  Show Profile
Well, it is the Tuesday after Labor Day and, for many, this means that summer is officially over. We still have 5 or 6 weeks before the leaves start falling in force, so enjoy this 'down time' before the onslaught of fall work.

For lunch, I picked up a bunch of soft tacos from Mori's around the corner from my son's house. We have egg & cheese, egg & bacon, egg & potato ... heck, egg and almost anything. Don't forget to spread on a good amount of hot sauce![:-hot]

It is raining in San Antonio for only the second time since the Fourth of July. They sure need it, but the afternoon thunder storms could spell problems for our 3 p.m. plane back home. Hmm, it is also supposed to rain in Newark tonight, so we could have a real 'adventure in plane travel'.

The visit was nice, but I'm now itchy to get home an get on with some projects, both modeling and 1-1.

Enjoy the rest of the day, and I'll see you tomorrow from the Jersey Highlands.

TomPM
Fireman

USA
4648 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  11:56:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Good morning folks

I am running late today. I took the morning off to take the kids to school for their first day back. I then had to take my FIL to the doctor’s office since his finger is not healing correctly. We had a rough weekend with him. He had another accident where he lost control of the car and this time hit the neighbor’s garden wall. He cracked the wall and knocked the bumper off the Tracker and also bent the fender back into the front wheel. He does not remember what exactly happened. I think this time the doctor is going to pull his driver’s license.

Our old microwave also decided to act up on Saturday. My wife noticed the paint on the top inside was peeling and there were several burn marks inside. We had to replace that.

On the bright side we took the kids over to the Adventure Aquarium in Camden, NJ. It was the first time we had been there since they renovated the place and we really liked it. There was a lot more to do and see.

Guess what it is raining here again. We have all kinds of Flood Watches posted. Football practice should be real fun tonight.

I finished most of the foliage and trees around the abandoned road and have begun working around the cement distributor building.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Tom
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100
Go to Top of Page

jatravia
Fireman

USA
2831 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  12:35:58 PM  Show Profile
Howdy folks,

I just popped my head out the door and, sure enough, it is raining here too. I feel sorta blah as it is so the rain isn't helping. With summer drawing to an end, school about to start (which has affected me since I am a kid. I am long out of school and I don't have kids in school yet but still it bothers me.) and my grandfather moving out ... I think I need a long nap.

We had good weather to move my grandfather to his new place in Atlantic City yesterday. The move went smooth. Despite Tiffany and I both looking forward to having our home to ourselves for a while it feel funny that pop no longer lives there. At 97 I feel bad that he decided to move so far from us and the rest of the family but he seems to perfer poker to family. I don't get it. I thought he'd be happier yesterday because he has been itching to move but I think he is a little afraid. In anycase I think it will take a couple days for us all to get use to this new arrangment. I actually think my mom will be in a situation to be able to have pop move in with her (as it should be) within the next 6 or months or so.

No railroading over the weekend but Tiffany and I did go to Home Despot to look at new flooring options and bathroom upgrades though. And it just hit me ... we forgot to look at paint and we certainally need to paint!

Well, back to work ...
good day all,
Joe <><
Jer 51:20 You are My battle-ax and weapons of war: For with you I will break the nation in pieces; With you I will destroy kingdoms.

Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10310 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  1:33:55 PM  Show Profile
Finally someone opened the kitchen! Got pretty peckish around here! Still plenty of left overs so no excuse for hunger but laziness.

Taking a break for outside "fun" for a bit and then back to work.

Hope everyone has a good time.

That grampa must be a character, Joe. I hoep he does well. At 97 it is amazing that he is able to endure a move. It was a living trip to the netherlands of hades when we moved in here 6 yrs ago, this weekend. I've sworn to never move again.

Well, gotta run, take care all.

BE SAFE!

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line
Go to Top of Page

LVRALPH
Fireman

5584 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  2:20:57 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon guys. Tom, hope things go well with your FIL. Joe, glad the move went good. It is pouring here in Moorestown, NJ...Has been all morning. I will get out of the office early and will work on the layout for my up coming op session on the 17th. As the sessions progress I am getting more and more requests to from people to attend. This is a good thing as I need people to run, but it is bad in that like most layouts I am limited in the amount of operators I can host. I might end up having to go to an extra board for people that want to attend filling in for regulars when they can't make it.make it.

Edited by - LVRALPH on 09/05/2006 2:21:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

kay4pacific
Fireman

USA
4765 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  2:43:01 PM  Show Profile
Good morning Bruce and Crew, Running behind today. Lots to do since staores have been closed for the holiday.Going to my LHS for a few items, then the bank.It is sunny and warm on the Cape. Forecast is for rain tomorrow so I'll get some modeling done then.The [:-love] is making another Zuccinni casserole with lots of mushrooms. Can never get enough of that casserole. Bruce, is Bonnie making any more of her Zuccinni special while in Texas?
Have a great day Crew.
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31247 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  2:47:23 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by kay4pacific

Bruce, is Bonnie making any more of her Zuccinni special while in Texas?

We brought one zucchini from home,with only minimal 'eyebrow raising' at the airport. Bonnie made two of her zucchini cakes while we were here.
Go to Top of Page

Mike Hamer
Engineer

11492 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  5:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage
Yes, summer's over and it's "Back to School" again...just returned home after the first day of teaching. Lots of fun!

September also means the "Friday Night Group" will soon commence train operations for another season. Because we want to enjoy the last vestiges of warm weather up this way, we'll begin in late September.

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.24 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000