..and a good Monday night to all
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Climax1880
Fireman

USA
1696 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  10:18:04 PM  Show Profile
Hope y'all had a good Labor Day holiday. This ol' boy got a lot of work done. Got the fence finished, got the YOU KNOW WHAT done too. Got SUNBURNED doing the fence thing.

Brace up guys, back at it tomorrow. we all got bills to pay.

Think my computer is going screwy (again). I had a reply to the morning lounge entry and went back in to change some words and BLOOEY the whole thing disappeared. [:-censored][:-censored] electronics!!!

Sad note tonight and comisseration to all of our friends from Oz. We were saddened to learn of the death of Steve Irwin (Crocidile Hunter). But Steve will be much missed more for his enormous contributions to our knowledge of the animal world than for wrestling with gators. "Well done Steve and Thank You from all of God's creatures for telling their story in an entertaining and informative fashion."

I guess that God does work in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform. On Sat. we received a phone call from our daughter Debbie in Fla. telling us that they had reserved a room for us at Kill Devil Hills, NC, near where we spent our honeymoon some 25 years ago. What a wonderful present and a daughter who is always so thoughtful and caring. We have removed some financial cares from our list and we are definitely going to get the dog. The breeder has agreed to keep Jake until we get back. He has sold 8 out of the 10 in the litter which isn't too bad.

Well, I'm going to cook some cappacino and hit the bed early with a MRR book. See y'all tomorrow.

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31166 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  10:48:55 PM  Show Profile
Good evening, JR, and whoever else happens to stop in the lounge. It is funny how news like Steve Irwin's death can hit you. I guess it is because he was in our living rooms so often.

JR, enjoy your time on the Outer Banks. It is a nice area, especially in the fall and spring.

Well, our time here in San Antonio with the grandkids is just about over. We will see them a breakfast, and then they will head to school. We will be at the airport before they get home from school. We had a great visit, it just went so quickly.

Have a great evening.
Go to Top of Page

kay4pacific
Fireman

USA
4765 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  11:19:06 PM  Show Profile
Good evening JR and Bruce. Had a busy visiting day. No modeling done. Was sorry to hear about
Steve Irwins death by a Sting Ray. I would have thought he would have lost to a gator. He did give us plenty of enjoyment and also educated us at the same time . He will be missed.
Go to Top of Page

anbhurst

USA
7259 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  03:51:52 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening fellow Loungers,

Sounds like everyone is havin' a nice, extended weekend. It appears that we have lost all of our e-mail files. I will make the call tomorrow to talk with our technician to see if he made any back-up copies before wiping all of our software from the main drive. After our son in New Jersey walked me through the files this morning, things are definitely not looking good. As a result, I have limited our computer use until things can be straightened out and a new e-mail management program can be installed. We haven't had much time to recover from our Eastern trip, and we are presently watching two of our grandchildren through tomorrow evening. Tomorrow, the day before school begins, Sweetie and I are taking them out for dinner and to go shopping for some school clothes. Guess it's time to throttle down for some Z's. Lord willing, we'll see ya all down the line.

quote:
Originally posted by Climax1880

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000