The Crew Lounge
 Labor Day Breakfast Lounge Now Open!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slimrails

USA
8379 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  08:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
And Gooooooooooood Morning to Ya, Crew!!

Wow...it's a beautiful day here in the Naugatuck River Valley, Headquarters of US Keds! Bright, cool...just the way it should be! I put the coffee on...seems we've had a request for a change in our blend. Taste test research among sober members here in The Lounge shows that RR-Line members prefer the WD40 taste in their coffee 2 to 1 over the leading parts cleaner coffee taste! [:-eyebrows] So, we have a new house blend coffee and light lubricant for yuzall today. We're celebrating the holiday with a breakfast with stacks o' home made waffles, grilled pork sausages, REAL maple syrup, butter, and blueberry or strawberry toppings fer yer waffles, too. Got fresh fruit slices, cold milk and juice out on the counter, so c'mon in and chow 'em on down, Gang! [:-bigmouth] [:-chef] So, how goes the long weekend? Any modeling getting done or is a kick-back mini-vacation? I'm off all week and I'll be doing more 1:1 construction, although I did squeeze in some more work on my baggage car. Okay, Crew...I hafta get over to Homely Depot, rent a truck, and pile it up with building materials. The [:-love] is coming with me to approve the entry door, shingle color, and window which is okay with me...she's financing most of this project right now anyway! [:-mischievous] Don't be shy...there's still room on the volunteer sign up list to help me finish this thing up! [:-dopey] Okay, Friends...time for another cuppa and ta share a Good Word!

Russ [:-spin]

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

USA
5879 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  09:10:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message
MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm Russ, I have the waffles sir and several cups of coffee, minus the WD-40, my wife says I am sweet enough.

Well our friends our here from England, and we have been having a good time. They will be going shopping today for all the bargains. With the pound being at 1.90 to our dollar, everything is on sale.[:-bigeyes] I might get some bench time, but I really think I am going to wash out the garage and straighten things up before fall.

Have nice day everyone.
Go to Top of Page

Cigarguy
Fireman

USA
3894 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  09:35:45 AM  Show Profile
GOOOOOD MORNING all! A Happy Labor Day to one and all. I'm going to rest up today, getting ready for the big "back to school" day tomorrow.

Saturday, my son and I traveled to Northern Michigan to set up our deer blinds and to scout the area. Sunday, the family and I went to the Michigan Renaissance Festival. I've put the milage on these old feet the last couple of days, that's for sure.

Well, time to check out the rest of the forums. Have a great day all, and keep 'em on the tracks!

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"
Go to Top of Page

kay4pacific
Fireman

USA
4765 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  09:44:49 AM  Show Profile
Goooood morning Russ and Tim. What a beautiful morning it is here on the Cape. Our friends from Hamilton have gone home. Today we visit friends on the Cape, so not much modeling will be done until this evening. No cookout food for me and the [:-love]. One more week to go on this diet. I will howewer have a cup of the wd40 java though. Enjoy the rest of the holiday folks. YES !!!, Most of the tourist are heading home[:-jump][:-jumprefect]

Edited by - kay4pacific on 09/04/2006 09:49:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  09:51:28 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, guys, and greetings from fog-bound Lake of the Ozarks. We seem to have gone from intensely hot summer conditions to unusually cool, fall-like conditions. As a result, the water temp is about 20-25 degrees warmer than the air temp, and we have some really heavy lake-effect fog for the third morning in a row. It's the sort of heavy fog we usually see in late October and November. [:-sonar][:-bigeyes2][:-sonar]

It's been a busy weekend around here, with company off and on all weekend. Right now we're down to just our daughters, granddaughter, and their dogs. I think we'll have an empty house again later this afternoon, and then things can get to whatever passes for "normal" around here.

Obviously, no modeling for me this weekend. Oh well....

Have a good day, all.

Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31273 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  09:52:40 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from San Antoinio, where we will spend the day with the grandkids. I think some shopping is in our future.

No modeling, but I'm having a blast none-the-less. Well, time to get moving. Have a great day.
Go to Top of Page

mikeLV
Crew Chief

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  10:02:09 AM  Show Profile
Good morning to Russ and the gang. Also gorgeous day here in Lancaster, PA. Just came back from a walk with the dog, and am heading out to the Strasburg Hobby Shop. Even the wife and one of the youngins wants to go! (It must be going to snow)

Travelled to see some friends on Saturday, and had my sister over yesterday. I got out some old Super 8 B&W videos of when we were young which she hadn't seen in many, many years. It was loads of fun for all, especially her children to see how she looked as a kid, and my hippy hair cut. It also brought some tears to see our parents who are both gone. She took the films and is planning to have them converted to DVD.

Well I have off this week and am hopefully looking forward to getting a lot of RR'ing done on my layout.
Have a great Labor Day!

Mike
Go to Top of Page

LVRALPH
Fireman

5584 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  10:09:39 AM  Show Profile
Morning guys. Thanks for the breakfast. Beautiful here in South Jersey. I will spend some time in the basement as I did all my yard work yesterday. And my back is feeling it.
Go to Top of Page

Sodbuster
Fireman

USA
2284 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  10:43:05 AM  Show Profile
Top of the morning gent's!Happy Labor Day! Its a beautifull day here in the heartland ,cool and sunny cant complain! I finished up staining the balcony/deck last night before sundown so that should last a while. Need to put a lock on the 1:1 out house door. You know the wood latch twisty-thingy, and a moon peephole. then it will be finished. The wife wanted one for "yard art".It needs weathering. the neighbors think I am nuts. If the shoe fits! Well,I gotta git back to tree building 101 the forest isnt near complete yet! Have a doggone good day!
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10365 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  1:55:22 PM  Show Profile
Bright sun and crystal clear sky in the middle of the mitten today. Moderate temp and low humidity.

We had ~25 people over yesterday, ages from 6 weeks to 84 years, for a bbq, the first time I've had both of my sons together in 10years. The Doll's 3 kids were here as well as my brother and sis in law and mother. 10 grand children and 1 Korean exchange student topped it all off. I cooked 5 lb of bar b que pork starting most of all day Saturday, then I slow roasted another 5 lb of pork loin in hickory smoke that was falling apart and ready to go when everyone arrived. Pies, fresh mellon, and 2 kinds of potatoes and corn bread. Hamburgers and hot dogs for the conventional rounded it all off. No one left hungry. A great time was had by all.

Today the doll decided that relaxing consists of working in the sun moving day lilys and I am preping an area to plant grass this month. I'd really just like to sit but 'tain't happnin'

Gotta run, more "relaxing" to do.

Everyone have a great holiday. Watch out for all the kids in their new duds heading off to school tomorrow!!!

BE SAFE!

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 09/04/2006 1:56:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

slimrails

USA
8379 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  5:46:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by k9wrangler

I cooked 5 lb of bar b que pork starting most of all day Saturday, then I slow roasted another 5 lb of pork loin in hickory smoke that was falling apart and ready to go when everyone arrived. Pies, fresh mellon, and 2 kinds of potatoes and corn bread. Hamburgers and hot dogs for the conventional rounded it all off.

[:-bigmouth] [:-eyebrows] [:-bigmouth]

Yeah, so...what are ya makin' for us today, Karl??
[:-bigmouth] [:-eyebrows] [:-bigmouth]

Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10365 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  8:11:27 PM  Show Profile
LEFT Overs!

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway