Layout Plans ?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TrainCrazy
Engine Wiper

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  9:11:17 PM  Show Profile
Can anyone tell me where i can get access to track and layout planning books and or websites.We are moving to a new house and my layout must come down. I will have a very large area for the new layout but i would like to see if a predesigned plan would work for me or just go with my own imagination again. Im not sure if there are any good books out there that have very detailed plans including rises and elevations and so on. So if anyone can help me out it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Barry

slimrails

USA
8370 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  9:27:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
Hey, Barry...

I always liked the Kalmbach book '101 Trackplans' myself. Everything from small shelf and 4X4s to big room size plans. Good for getting ideas. Every modeler should have a copy!
Go to Top of Page

Gene
Fireman

USA
1230 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  9:22:50 PM  Show Profile
Barry,
I'll second Russ' recommendation of "101 Track Plans". Remember that you can easily 'expand' the plans that are smaller than your layout area. (it will be harder to 'shrink' the ones that are for a larger area though) Keep us apprised of your progress and let us know what plans you are considering as many of us have "101 Track Plans" and may be able to give you additional advise.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000