Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 We have a winner for the Gritty Mcduff Contest!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jim Mooney
Crew Chief

USA
656 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  11:22:05 AM  Show Profile
Actually two....We had 171 people vote (!) and it was neck and neck for a while...And the vote was truly worldwide! There were votes from Mexico, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and probably more if I could tell...but anyway, I recounted the votes this morning and came up with a tie...I thought...no way...so I recounted and came up with a different number...I took a break and found a helper...(my wife Barb)...and we recounted the votes again...again we came up with a tie...(what's the chances!)(...and NO hanging chads either !)
Funny thing though, Art was emailing all morning from the Hospital...(!) I tried to call but they moved him (surgery is at noon)...he finally emailed his room number (this internet thing is everywhere...) I told him about the tie, and he said, if I was sure....he'd award two kits....
So we have two winners! Miles Reidy and Jeff Jones. (trumpetts playing in background)
The other entries were not far behind either, it made it a really close race...We really appreciate the modeling effort of everyone, so you'll get a lump of castings...there is a bunch of new stuff I'm still working on so it will be worth it .
Thanks again and congrats to the winners, when we get the kits out you will get the first ones...
(PS it's almost noon, remember Art in your prayers....)

Cigarguy
Fireman

USA
3894 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  11:29:16 AM  Show Profile
Congrats to Miles and Jeff, and heres a little prayer for Art too.

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"
Go to Top of Page

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5853 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  11:42:57 AM  Show Profile
Congrats to Jeff and Miles ....really , all the entries were outstanding . I had a tough time chosing and actually voted for one of the others . Congrats to all .

Get well soon , Art .

Terry
Go to Top of Page

smason2
Fireman

2960 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  11:56:07 AM  Show Profile
Congrats to the winners.

Jim please keep us updated on Artie.

Scott
Go to Top of Page

kay4pacific
Fireman

USA
4765 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  12:07:11 PM  Show Profile
Miles and Jeff:Congtats to you both for a job well done.[:-thumbu][:-thumbu]Actually, all of the contestants are winners.[:-eyebrows]
Go to Top of Page

LVRALPH
Fireman

5584 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  12:31:57 PM  Show Profile
Way to go guys!
Go to Top of Page

olmacguy
Engine Wiper

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  12:46:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit olmacguy's Homepage
I would like to add my congratulations to jeff and Miles. I would also like to think all that entered the contest for providing me some inspiration and ideas when I build mine. IMHO, every entry was impressive.

Bud
Go to Top of Page

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

USA
5879 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  12:58:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message
Congrats to all entries, they were all winners.
Go to Top of Page

essodee
Fireman

USA
1561 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  1:38:01 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations to Jeff & Miles.

I sincerely liked all the entries of the six I saw, though I was a bit disappointed by the photos, and also just one view of each build.

Since I was much more familiar with Elliot's build from the RR-L Grittys thread, and had also seen Bill's photos of his, quite original, kit bash of the kit, I had had a chance to see many more angles of them than of the other's submissions. Without giving away my hand, that influenced my vote. Still, I'm glad Artie saw fit to let us all vote rather than take it on himself.

Best of luck Art with your surgery. And speedy recovery.

Stevie O'
Go to Top of Page

postalkarl
Fireman

6905 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  2:07:52 PM  Show Profile
Congrats fellows. Enjoy the prize.

Karl S.
Go to Top of Page

kay4pacific
Fireman

USA
4765 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  2:44:29 PM  Show Profile
Jim, Please keep us posted on Art's progress/
Go to Top of Page

rsmilley
Engine Wiper

USA
429 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  3:23:43 PM  Show Profile
What a tough decision to choose a single entry for a vote. I struggled back and forth across all six entires - they all looked great.

In any case congrats to the winners... and thanks to all participants - your models are inspirational.

Best wishes to Art... looking forward to his speedy recovery.
Go to Top of Page

Bbags
Administrator

USA
13304 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  10:04:15 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations to the winners, Jeff and Miles.[:-thumbu]

Actually all the entrants were winners since they met the deadline and also posted some outstanding models in the process.

Since I am currently working on Gritty's I am using the different pictures for reference.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.
Go to Top of Page

Zephyrus52246
Engine Wiper

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  9:16:42 PM  Show Profile
I'm glad to hear Art is doing OK. I've already thanked him for having the contest so I could get off my duff and build one of these "diorama" kits. Also thanks to everyone who voted (not just for my entry). I also thought all entries were excellent.

Jeff Jones
Go to Top of Page

Bosco5
Crew Chief

USA
518 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  08:47:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bosco5's Homepage
I would also like to thank Art, Jim and Bar Mills team for both having the contest and making a terrific kit.

I am very surprised (OK, shocked) at the outcome given the quality of all the enteries. Perhaps I should quote the poet laureate of Gainesville, FL: Thomas Petty with his classic line "Even the losers get lucky sometime" :)

I especially liked Bill Tweedy's creativity with his conversion of the lumber yard to a boat yard. Every time I look at a photo of his diorama I say"why didn't I do that?".

Anyhooo, continued best wishes to Art for a speedy and full recovery.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000