Active Topics
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thorn Creek and Western
Fireman

USA
2442 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  10:27:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thorn Creek and Western's Homepage
I've been noticing problems with the 'Active Topics' function of the RR-L forum for several months.

Just now I logged on and read that I had 14 Active Topics. Good. I clicked onto 'Active Topics' and suddenly I had just two active topics in the header and the display. Similar things have been happening for months-- always with a decrease in active topics.

Have others reported similar troubles? It can't be just my browser.
-Dave

-Dave

MP Rich
Fireman

USA
1762 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2005 :  09:03:33 AM  Show Profile
Morning to you all. I have on occasion felt the active topics were somewhat misleading. What I have noticed has not risen to a complaint stage however. It seems to me that at times I see things that I read the last time I looked in. Perhaps just the opposite of what you have seen? I usually just go to the header and specify when I want to look back to and feel fine with that. Many times more info than I read through though so unless I miss answering someone when they respond to me, it is no biggie for me.
Go to Top of Page

MP Rich
Fireman

USA
1762 Posts

Morning to you all. I have on occasion felt the active topics were somewhat misleading. What I have noticed has not risen to a complaint stage however. It seems to me that at times I see things that I read the last time I looked in. Perhaps just the opposite of what you have seen? I usually just go to the header and specify when I want to look back to and feel fine with that. Many times more info than I read through though so unless I miss answering someone when they respond to me, it is no biggie for me.
Go to Top of Page

MP Rich
Fireman

USA
1762 Posts

Go to Top of Page

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

USA
6332 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2005 :  09:14:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage
Some background administrative topics can not be seen by all but they are added into the "active topics" count. This is why you see a different number than what is listed.

Walt

Go to Top of Page

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

USA
6332 Posts

Some background administrative topics can not be seen by all but they are added into the "active topics" count. This is why you see a different number than what is listed.

Walt

Go to Top of Page

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

USA
6332 Posts

Walt

Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2005 :  10:10:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit MikeC's Homepage
Dave, I have the Active Topics page bookmarked as my "entryway" to the forum. As a result, I completely by-pass the forum homepage (the one with the quotes, news, and forum stats). It may be that the active topic number on the homepage is not accurately updating when you sign on, but I can't be sure about that. The number of active topics on the Active Topics page is accurate, however.

What Rusty said is also accurate. There are two forum areas which are unavailable to the general membership. One is for Moderator discussions, the other for Administrative discussions. Any current topics in those two forum areas are reflected in the active topics number at the top of the page.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm a busy man. I have a railroad to run.

Visit the Central Missouri & Southern
Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Dave, I have the Active Topics page bookmarked as my "entryway" to the forum. As a result, I completely by-pass the forum homepage (the one with the quotes, news, and forum stats). It may be that the active topic number on the homepage is not accurately updating when you sign on, but I can't be sure about that. The number of active topics on the Active Topics page is accurate, however.

What Rusty said is also accurate. There are two forum areas which are unavailable to the general membership. One is for Moderator discussions, the other for Administrative discussions. Any current topics in those two forum areas are reflected in the active topics number at the top of the page.

Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 8.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000