Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

TomPM
Fireman

USA
4648 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  07:49:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Here are a couple “oldies” I dug up from the Water Tower Diorama.

Tom
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100
Go to Top of Page

TomPM
Fireman

USA
4648 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  07:49:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Here are a couple “oldies” I dug up from the Water Tower Diorama.

Tom
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
11296 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  08:17:25 AM  Show Profile
Great shots guys. I think we have a population explosion on our hands.

George
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
11296 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  08:17:25 AM  Show Profile
Great shots guys. I think we have a population explosion on our hands.

George
Go to Top of Page

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5842 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  10:38:00 AM  Show Profile
Boy was I wrong . I didn't think there would be much action on the "lp's " this month ...no particular reason , just a feeling .
The response has been really good ...thanks for all the great little scenes , guys . I guess I'd better get my butt moving and set up some lp's for a pic this month .

Terry
Go to Top of Page

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5842 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  10:38:00 AM  Show Profile
Boy was I wrong . I didn't think there would be much action on the "lp's " this month ...no particular reason , just a feeling .
The response has been really good ...thanks for all the great little scenes , guys . I guess I'd better get my butt moving and set up some lp's for a pic this month .

Terry
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
25344 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  11:11:18 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by teejay

I guess I'd better get my butt moving and set up some lp's for a pic this month .

Terry, if not, they might just walk off the job. They have a tough union.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
25344 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  11:11:18 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by teejay

I guess I'd better get my butt moving and set up some lp's for a pic this month .

Terry, if not, they might just walk off the job. They have a tough union.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3
Go to Top of Page

railphotog
Fireman

Canada
3781 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  12:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage

Here's a guy heading out from the HO scale Durango Press speeder shed. The shed is about 2" wide. Taken a few years ago using my pinhole aperture equipped 28mm lens on film.

Does this one count, two fellows heading to work at the engine shed? Another in HO scale, on one of my pairs of modules.

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/
Go to Top of Page

railphotog
Fireman

Canada
3781 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  12:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage

Here's a guy heading out from the HO scale Durango Press speeder shed. The shed is about 2" wide. Taken a few years ago using my pinhole aperture equipped 28mm lens on film.

Does this one count, two fellows heading to work at the engine shed? Another in HO scale, on one of my pairs of modules.

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
25344 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  12:40:31 PM  Show Profile
Bob,
Knowing the size of that speeder shed, that is (1) some great modeling and (2) some impressive photography!

Bruce

Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
25344 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  12:40:31 PM  Show Profile
Bob,
Knowing the size of that speeder shed, that is (1) some great modeling and (2) some impressive photography!

Bruce

Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
11296 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  1:45:03 PM  Show Profile
Bob, great photos. Is that "HO scale" a typo?

George

Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
11296 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  1:45:03 PM  Show Profile
Bob, great photos. Is that "HO scale" a typo?

George

Go to Top of Page

leeflan
Fireman

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  3:21:29 PM  Show Profile
One of my pet peeves is seeing lifeless, deserted streets on an otherwise good looking model railroad.[:-irked] There are situations, of course, where streets might be deserted, but I just don't feel it looks right on a model railroad. So I use a lot of LP's (and vehicles) to add life to my various scenes.

Here are some shots of the town of Wadley on my current layout. I think most of these have been posted elsewhere, but not in the context of LP's and , 'sides, we've got a lot of new members.

This is the main drag of Wadley, and has 22 LP's out on the street, plus two being used as mannikins in the clothing store windows. Notice that I placed the figures in groupings separated by single figures. From the left, there's a group of men talking, a group of women balefully eyeing the girl in the red dress, a group of old timers sitting on the bank bench, another group talking, and a customer arguing with the grocer. I like to think that each grouping draws the viewer's eye to a scene they can relate to.

This is the "other" block in Wadley and there are around 31 figures on this block, counting the ones you can't see around the corner and seated inside Mrs. Lees restaurant. Same thing with the groupings. Notice that very few of the figures are in motion. Motion is OK for photos, but loses something in person. So I use the walking figures to transition the viewer's eye from group to group. And, yes, the figure on the far left had a few too many Dutchmans.

And down by the depot, there are still more LP's, about 20 between the station and memorial park. I had planned to have a LL Good Humor ice cream truck by the park (thus, the man and his daughter heading that way), but the model was soooo huge, I had to scrap it.[:-yuck]

Well, you get the idea. The LP's really light up any model scene. And I think it's a tribute to their endurance and dedication that they work non-stop to bring life to our model railroads without even asking for a raise.[:-eyebrows]

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000