Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
25219 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  3:01:36 PM  Show Profile
Steve,
I am also a big fan of the unpainted Preiser figures. Like you, the faces are pretty plain, and look good except in closup photos.

BTW, I'm glad to see you post. I was starting to worry about your fate with the brush fires.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
25219 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  3:01:36 PM  Show Profile
Steve,
I am also a big fan of the unpainted Preiser figures. Like you, the faces are pretty plain, and look good except in closup photos.

BTW, I'm glad to see you post. I was starting to worry about your fate with the brush fires.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3
Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  3:02:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit MikeC's Homepage
the ubiquitous checkers game that never ends.....

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm a busy man. I have a railroad to run.

Visit the Central Missouri & Southern
Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  3:02:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit MikeC's Homepage
the ubiquitous checkers game that never ends.....

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm a busy man. I have a railroad to run.

Visit the Central Missouri & Southern
Go to Top of Page

leeflan
Fireman

USA
2125 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  3:15:17 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

Steve,

Thanks, Bruce, it was a little hairy Thursday night, but we nmade it though thanks to the great work by the firefighters.

I forgot to mention that in lieu of painting faces, I use just the teensie-weensiest touch of A/I wash around the eyes and lips, to add some depth, but only on figures that can be seen from the front.
Go to Top of Page

leeflan
Fireman

USA
2125 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  3:15:17 PM  Show Profile
quote:

Steve,

Thanks, Bruce, it was a little hairy Thursday night, but we nmade it though thanks to the great work by the firefighters.

I forgot to mention that in lieu of painting faces, I use just the teensie-weensiest touch of A/I wash around the eyes and lips, to add some depth, but only on figures that can be seen from the front.
Go to Top of Page

railphotog
Fireman

Canada
3756 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  3:53:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage
quote:

Bob, do you know who makes the window washer figure and the cyclist? Are the HO? Neat little scene.

I think the window washer is a white metal figure from Lytler & Lytler, got it a long time ago.

The bicycle rider is a soft plastic military figure my son got tired of. I reshaped the hat and did some other changes to make it look more civilian. Don't think our oldest son will miss it, as he's now 38!

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/
Go to Top of Page

railphotog
Fireman

Canada
3756 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  3:53:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage
quote:

Bob, do you know who makes the window washer figure and the cyclist? Are the HO? Neat little scene.

I think the window washer is a white metal figure from Lytler & Lytler, got it a long time ago.

The bicycle rider is a soft plastic military figure my son got tired of. I reshaped the hat and did some other changes to make it look more civilian. Don't think our oldest son will miss it, as he's now 38!

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
25219 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  5:08:13 PM  Show Profile
Mike,
Sometimes we make fun of the WS little people, but the checker player set is one of my favorites. George and I both ended up buying the welders set when we built our welding shops. That is another decent set.

BTW, Mike, this is the first time that I've noticed the "No Spitting" sign. Boy, your not fun.

Bruce

Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
25219 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  5:08:13 PM  Show Profile
Mike,
Sometimes we make fun of the WS little people, but the checker player set is one of my favorites. George and I both ended up buying the welders set when we built our welding shops. That is another decent set.

BTW, Mike, this is the first time that I've noticed the "No Spitting" sign. Boy, your not fun.

Bruce

Go to Top of Page

Climax1880
Fireman

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  5:55:01 PM  Show Profile
TO ALL WHO SHALL SEE THESE PRESENTS "GREETINGS"

I hope that the older folks who remember what has passed before will not forget that most important lesson about the LP's...

DON'T FORGET THE
PSSSSSSST!!!

(Dullcoat)

Aaaaaahhhhhh, I feel better already.

Go to Top of Page

Climax1880
Fireman

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  5:55:01 PM  Show Profile
TO ALL WHO SHALL SEE THESE PRESENTS "GREETINGS"

I hope that the older folks who remember what has passed before will not forget that most important lesson about the LP's...

DON'T FORGET THE
PSSSSSSST!!!

(Dullcoat)

Aaaaaahhhhhh, I feel better already.

Go to Top of Page

Coaltrain
Crew Chief

946 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  6:17:53 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone.

Dutchman;
I'm not really sure what it was, it was an embossed sheet that I found at my local hobby store a long time ago. I think it was from Kibri another company like that.
Go to Top of Page

Coaltrain
Crew Chief

946 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  6:17:53 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone.

Dutchman;
I'm not really sure what it was, it was an embossed sheet that I found at my local hobby store a long time ago. I think it was from Kibri another company like that.
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
11202 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  6:50:21 PM  Show Profile
OK Bruce, here are the WS little people in my welding shop.

George
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000