Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 26

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TRAINS1941 Posted - 07/31/2019 : 08:48:53 AM
Good morning everyone

Rick please lock up the old lounge. And thanks for the coffee.

People come and people go. So more company on the way!!

Weather here sunny/77. A nice day in South Jersey storms later on maybe!!

Looks good in here new paint, furniture, bar, and fireplace lets keep it clean guys!1

Everyone have a great day!!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
k9wrangler Posted - 02/24/2020 : 08:53:59 AM
The Doll and I packed up to Urgent Care yesterday, we both have the Flu. Got some meds, feeling pretty puny still. The Doll's daughter went to the hospital with similar symptoms yesterday. She was with us Thurs night at a concert at the school. Someone must have been spreading the stuff like crazy. My ins covered the meds for me, not her, different ins company. It cost $190 for her.

Last night’s movie was a twin feature, Independence Day II and the National Velvet, Liz Taylor and Mickey Rooney.

Laying low another day.
friscomike Posted - 02/24/2020 : 08:52:49 AM
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Sorry to hear you are still feeling so bad. Good luck with doctor appointment.

It's a bright day on the Brazos at 51F headed to 68F.

Taking my Mom to see her old friends in Granbury. She lived there for a couple of years before moving back to Oklahoma.

Have fun,
Mike
Rick Posted - 02/24/2020 : 08:28:12 AM
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Increasing clouds, with a high near 59.

Getting a very late start here today.
Felt like crap at work all day yesterday.
Slept for 10 hrs which is very very rare.
Hope to get a doctors appt later.
Hated doing it so early in the year but used a sick day today.

Jerry, it's like I always say, I work in a petri dish.

Just going to relax all day and maybe build a fire outside and do some reading.

Hope everyone else that's not feeling well is feeling much better soon.

Have a great day everyone.
tloc Posted - 02/23/2020 : 8:36:56 PM
Good evening gentlemen and ladies. I have placed a few more logs on the fire as
there became a slight chill in the air. In Wisconsin we did not reach the 50f the
weather guessers had stated but 49 is ok.

We have for your enjoyment a bottle of Jack Daniels Select Tennessee Whiskey.
I asked my brother something else this week and ended up listening to his talking
whiskey. He mentioned this bottle, I said sure and 2 bottles showed up today. My
SIL and his neighbor are coming over and we will crack open the bottle. So embided
with us. The diet sodas are cold, the beer is Spotted Cow and there are some Stouts in
the frig. Have a safe night.

TomO
Philip Posted - 02/23/2020 : 11:34:50 AM
Good morning!

Karl. it's good to be the king!

Enjoy your day guys!

Philip
friscomike Posted - 02/23/2020 : 09:38:30 AM
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. I hope you get well soon.

It's a cloudy 51F this morning, headed to 64F this afternoon. The wind is howling. Yuk.

Headed to Birthday brunch at a local restaurant this morning...I think. Sleepy head is still sleeping.

Have fun,
Mike
TRAINS1941 Posted - 02/23/2020 : 08:52:45 AM
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening & the coffee.
No surprize you would catch something riding in cars with a 100 different people all day long.
Hope you feel better.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/31. Later/56.

Yesterday we left the house early to go see my nephews son play basketball.

Today dinner with Diane's oldest son & wife.

Mike happy birthday to Sharon.

Everyone have a great day!!
k9wrangler Posted - 02/23/2020 : 08:08:25 AM
Sunny again in MI, looked nice outside the window yesterday. Developed a fever yesterday so burrowed in on the couch all night. WE watched How the West Was Won last night. Boy was that rather politically incorrect. It's been many years since i'd seen it. Still coughing and had a 100.2 temp last night.

No plans today. Mike I have no doubt the antique pox started this all.

Everyone have a good day.. Lots of liquids and rest on tap here...
tloc Posted - 02/23/2020 : 07:27:17 AM
Good morning from So. Wisconsin where today is the big melt off in preparation for lots of white stuff on Tuesday. The overnight low
is right now at 32f degrees. High is predicted to be 51! Rick thanks for getting the day off in the right direction and hope you are feeling
better.

I took some of my shelf queens last night, tested them, took pictures and put them up for sale. The last 4 of my Wisconsin Central fleet.
I have done a great job of getting down to my modeling year of 2015. The grandson at 11:15 has his last regular season game so of
course grandmom and g/d have to go. We did watch the g/kiddos from 3 to midnight yesterday. The SIL called at 2:30 as he got last minute
Milwaukee Bucks tickets 11 rows behind the bench. Enjoy your day.

TomO
Rick Posted - 02/23/2020 : 07:12:53 AM
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 55.

Tom, I'm sure someone will them them eventually.

Philip, let us know how your double crackle experiment went.

Karl hope you and the doll are feeling better.

Mike, happy birthday to Sharon! [:-party]

I'm no feeling all that great either.
I'll go see the Doc tomorrow before it gets worse.

Have a great day everyone.
tloc Posted - 02/22/2020 : 11:29:47 AM
quote:
Originally posted by k9wrangler

TomO those Spectrum diesels have been inviscerated (sp) so on the internet they will be a challenge to get rid of. I think I have one deep deep in the pile of stuff. CSX C40-8w I bought 20+ years ago before the internet prototype police came along. Also before dcc.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl, those are the diesels I have and worst they are undecorated. The only 2, 6 axles left. I have been trying for 2 years on and off to sell these and before Xmas guy toward me too much at 40 for the 2 and 15.05 shipping. They may end up as battery carriers if the ESU Cab Control DCC system sells this month.

TomO
Philip Posted - 02/22/2020 : 09:51:28 AM
Thanks for the coffee Rick!

Get well Karl and Doll!

Beautiful day out today still cold but the sun is out! Yesterday the tin had an acid bath, about froze my hands off outside. Still have about 30 pieces left. I may drag the ready heater out today. Hopefully it will still fire, hasn't been used in a couple years.

The crackle was added over a brown base and recoated with ochre. Not sure how it may turn out..still experimenting. Double crackle..

A train show in old L&N Bowling Green station today. Was kinda planning but seems HO rules supreme in this area.

Have a great day! Philip

friscomike Posted - 02/22/2020 : 09:24:44 AM
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Karl, hope you and Doll get well soon. You know she probably caught it at the antique store. Those places can be dangerous.

It's 42F headed to 62F this afternoon. Sharon's birthday is tomorrow so need to get a card and register Mom's car for our community.

Stay warm folks and have some fun,
Mike

k9wrangler Posted - 02/22/2020 : 09:09:02 AM
Yes, Rick, it was nice to see some concrete progress on the project.

Sunny and warmer in Michigan this morning with temps going to mid 40s today and upper tomorrow. All tempered with a bad double sale of the blues. The Doll has a temp of 101 [:-hot}and a head cold and it seems to have come over me, too. No temp but congestion and cough so I had to spend half the night in a chair to get any sleep.[:-sleep] We both had plans, she was going to work at the Cabin Fever sale at the antique store and I was going to Chubb’s in GR for an ops session. Instead we’ll have our own cabin fever....

TomO those Spectrum diesels have been inviscerated (sp) so on the internet they will be a challenge to get rid of. I think I have one deep deep in the pile of stuff. CSX C40-8w I bought 20+ years ago before the internet prototype police came along. Also before dcc.

Everyone have a good day.

Be Safe/drink lots of liquids and get plenty of rest.[:-propeller]
tloc Posted - 02/22/2020 : 08:24:07 AM
Good morning and Rick thanks for moving this day along and the diet sodas. Today So. Wisconsin should hit 45f degrees,
just a crazy weather pattern but I will take it. I have 2, 6 axle locomotives left to sell. Undecorated Spectrums that just wont
sell. Grocery shopping and some ATV riding this afternoon. That’s the schedule, have a great day.

TomO

Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000