Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 26

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TRAINS1941 Posted - 07/31/2019 : 08:48:53 AM
Good morning everyone

Rick please lock up the old lounge. And thanks for the coffee.

People come and people go. So more company on the way!!

Weather here sunny/77. A nice day in South Jersey storms later on maybe!!

Looks good in here new paint, furniture, bar, and fireplace lets keep it clean guys!1

Everyone have a great day!!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Philip Posted - 04/10/2020 : 10:40:31 AM
Good morning!
Thanks for the coffee Rick! 3rd cup!

So glad everyone is doing ok, echoing Mike!

In the 30's today. Had been very breezy the last couple of days.

Twenty nine employees have quit my old employment place due to corona fear. Not mentioning the name of the company but it is bad. No protection, bunch of money hungry managers at corporate, glad I retired.

Have a great day!
Philip
friscomike Posted - 04/10/2020 : 09:32:06 AM
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Glad you are feeling fine.

Sounds like everyone is weathering the virus storms okay. That is good news.

Another nice day is forecast with the temp around 72F. I'll take it.

Picking up groceries this morning, then working outside.

Have fun and be safe,
Mike
tloc Posted - 04/10/2020 : 09:21:36 AM
Good morning from the south central part of the “Safer at Home” State of Wisconsin. The curve is flattening in
some areas, and that is a good thing but nowhere near the end. Will we ever get back to what we where, nope
but change can be good. I still think this devastating Pandemtic will draw Americans closer. The personal financial
loss will never be recovered and this is why I think people will become closer and it may bring businesses home. If
you can, please support a food pantry.

With the firewood ready to move Jerry got the really important stuff ready. Rick will open the new lounge and I’m
sure it has been sterilized. Anticipation is fun, too bad it’s virtual.

Be safe
TomO
k9wrangler Posted - 04/10/2020 : 09:17:46 AM
Sunshine and cold shining thru the bars here in the high security section. Sharp more severe sanctions put in place by the governess yesterday. Travel ban in place. It will be on at least until April 30,and longer was hinted at. Most everyplace is shut down and it appears folks won't have jobs to return to. It could be a very long summer for some.

Glad you're feeling well enough to return to work, Rick, but understand any trepidation in doing that.

I did do a bit more scenery yesterday after we went out on the back roads a bit in the afternoon. We did have a very brief visit from the "S" word yesterday around 4-5 time period.

Off to the mess hall, I here the guards calling....

TRAINS1941 Posted - 04/10/2020 : 08:03:06 AM
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather here in South Jersey sunny/40. Later on rain so they say. Are these guys ever right anymore???

Rick we had the wind but no T-storms there suppose to be here today!!

Need to go to JoAnn's and get a thing of craft paint. They have curbside pickup.

Yes I think it will be a long haul for the economy to get going at full speed.
And sadly how many small places will never be again.

I'm packing up the bar glasses, beer, bourbon, whiskey etc.
If you have anything laying around get it before we lock up this lounge the paint is almost dry at the one.

Everyone have a fine day!!
Rick Posted - 04/10/2020 : 05:09:59 AM
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Some sun and mid 50's with wind thrown in too.
Missed the sever t-storms here, but Jerry might of got some of it.

Mike, things are well here.
Need to call the doc today and have him fax the company saying I'm cleared to go back.

Tom, sadly I don't think you're going to be wrong.

Roland, thanks for stopping in and stay hidden and healthy.

Philip still has his sense of humor. [:-thumbu]

Karl, too late in the year for the S word and congrats on the sound file.

Jerry, I was lucky and have a mask that I bought a while ago.

Stay healthy and hunkered down and have a great day.
friscomike Posted - 04/09/2020 : 11:59:30 AM
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for opening. How is your quarantine going?

Sadly, I didn't take the MG out yesterday and at 93F, it would have been a perfect cruise. The outdoor honey do list overwhelmed me. Today the forecast is for 79F and rain. We got that cold front here, too.

Have fun and stay safe,
Mike

tloc Posted - 04/09/2020 : 10:16:44 AM
Good morning from the getting frozen again Tundra. It looks beautifully with bright blue cloudless skies, but it’s not with snow to be falling around noon.

Make a mask and wear it into the stores, we are all too old to take chances. The “Safer at Home” State of Wisconsin thinks the curve here has flatten but because of the
Tuesday Election Day mess they will not know for 2 weeks. Now in 3 weeks over 16 million have filed for unemployment, IMO when the recovery starts, it will be slow and painful. I hope I am wrong. Stay safe, call someone today.

Tom
Hopeless Posted - 04/09/2020 : 10:13:50 AM
Good morning all. We got an update this morning here at the old folks home. There are now 8 cases with 3 deaths all in the memory care section.I am glad we live in our own cottage and not come in contact with anyone. Not good but with 1200 residents and 450 workers not to bad either. Mrs Hopeless has been working in the campus market 3-4 half days a week. Very busy as people do not want to go out in the community. I just hide and play with trains, read, and nap.

Wind gusts to 50mgh for the next two days so no spray painting the trees. Hope all of you and your families are staying healthy.

Roland
Philip Posted - 04/09/2020 : 09:45:30 AM
Morning!

Thanks for the coffee. The swing is beyond repair.
Easier to buy a new one.

Mask are on sale and quaranteed delivery in 2 months. The tooth fairy and easter bunny are on contract delivery!

Have a great day.

Philip
k9wrangler Posted - 04/09/2020 : 09:15:06 AM
Sun and clouds in MI with a wind and rain forecast for this afternoon. Yesterday’s 70 will be history for several days with the “S” word and such in the forecast.

Did some outside work yesterday and made a trip to the Rx window at the Meijer store in Grand Ledge, they have a text to notify you when ready and then lets you pay by return text that gives you a bar code that can be scanned through the glass window. The only thing you touch is the bag it’s in when they pass it out thru the drawer like a bank. The parking lot and pedestrian traffic going in and out of the store looked like Black Friday, 99% were not wearing any type of protection. Word is they are trying to social distance inside but they don’t appear to be metering the number of folks going in. We got lost on the way back home and had a bit of a ride over some more back roads on the way home.

Our governess, VP hopeful Gretchid Whitless was on TV last night declaring that the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy are Essential Workers and will be allowed to do their thing without fear of arrest.....meanwhile, the numbers keep sky rocketing in Detroit. Mayors in Northern Michigan are asking to have a ban on people traveling to their second homes from down state. If they do that I’d like a partial refund on our substantial property taxes we’re paying if they won’t let us use our own place.

I’ll probably head to model country later. I put a Scaletrains.com supplied sound file into the SD40T-2 last night and it all functions well...all the bells and whistles....and lights as well.

BE SAFE, be healthy. Winter is back in Michigan. Not unusual for this time of April.
TRAINS1941 Posted - 04/09/2020 : 08:31:13 AM
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

The ride to North Jersey was like going back to the early 60's the GSP had no traffic an it flowed like it was meant to be!!

So people really are staying home and lot of them must be working from home.

Today were at home Easter Pie has been delivered.

My question is where do you get a mask if there is a shortage already ?????????

Everyone have a great day!!
Rick Posted - 04/09/2020 : 04:52:23 AM
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Don't know why I bother posting the weather.
It's wrong more times than right.
Supposed to severe thunderstorms this afternoon with temps in the 60's.

Mike, did you take the MG out?

Tom, thanks for getting the lounge move started.

Philip, how's the swing?

Karl, congrats on getting work done on the layout.

Jerry, hope you had a safe drive.

Thanks for the condolences.
A trip to the grocery store this morning.
Now required to wear a mask or they won't let you in.
All the parks have been closed too. [:-irked]
That one doesn't make much sense to me.

Have a great day everyone.

tloc Posted - 04/08/2020 : 10:07:44 AM
Good morning from the very emotional “Safer at Home” State of Wisconsin that held its elections yesterday. Glad Terry and I went the absentee ballot way. Thanks Rick and that is tough news to hear about the conductor. Thankfully at this time I am unaware of any virus impact on our family and friends.

Karl, it sure is a small world inTV land. Those folks don’t make a lot of money but they move around trying to hit the big time and boy are those ladies thin.

Building 2 slot car tracks today, L-girder frames with routed panelized roadbed. I have 2 dads for helpers who helped me at Xmas and will do the staining and laying of the copper tape. I will over see their production via Skype. A long good day in store.

Be safe
TomO

Edit. I cleaned out the fireplace and put the chairs and firewood on the deck. When the new lounge opens I will move them in.
Philip Posted - 04/08/2020 : 09:24:11 AM
So sorry Rick. My condolences.

More outdoor stuff planned today!
Repairing an old 2 seater wooden swing today hopefully or it may end up a lost cause and go to the burn pile.

Looks like almost another hundred pages in the lounge!

Have a great day! Stay safe!

Philip

Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000