Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 The Coos Bay and Willamette Valley Part two

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
railman28 Posted - 07/09/2019 : 10:35:06 PM
I am building a layout here, I might seem that all I do is build Steam Engines but, their is a modest model railroad being built too.
Here is part one;
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37052

This is the current track plan;

For the last two years I have been focused on build two detailed models of 1870's Moguls that are currently hard at work in 1886. The Girls works hard but are well maintained. I am using the wagon top Moguls of the Virginia and Truckee RR as my prototype drawing heavily from Engine number 4 and 13. In build these two engines I have been relying on 3D drawing and printing on a backbone of conventional model making techniques.

Let the fun continue...
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
masonamerican Posted - 02/27/2021 : 02:28:45 AM
That station looks sharp Bob! Welcome back! It has been awhile.

Håkan
Carl B Posted - 02/16/2021 : 7:37:11 PM
Station looks good Bob. The color scheme works well.
OK Hogger Posted - 02/16/2021 : 7:16:51 PM
Loving that station you got going on there, Bob!

Andre
Michael Hohn Posted - 02/16/2021 : 06:11:25 AM
Nice work, Bob. I like your standard RR colors.

Mike
railman28 Posted - 02/16/2021 : 01:00:52 AM
Andree, Just have fun with it. If it ain't fun life is too short for it.

a progress Shot;

This is my first Bars Mill Kit. I find it's well engineered. The Instructions are also well written. I'm enjoying the build. This is Their Springfield Station. It will become my Coalbank flagstop. The chosen colors are my road's standard color scheme for stations. I'm building the station pretty much as designed but BM used slate shingles which look great but don't belong in a semi-isolated corner of Oregon. So, I will add a shake or Tin roof.

Bob
OK Hogger Posted - 02/11/2021 : 8:44:54 PM
Hi Mike:

Yup. I'm struggling with my "dual era" concept. I don't need to hi-jack Rob's thread, so I'll need to dig up my old thread and post an update there.

Andre
Michael Hohn Posted - 02/11/2021 : 6:58:02 PM
Andre,

Diesels? “I’m shocked; shocked!”

Mike
OK Hogger Posted - 02/11/2021 : 6:47:11 PM
Hi Bob!

Very sorry to hear of your computer issues, but especially saddened to read of your model RR funk you've been in. You seemed to really enjoy the hobby when you're on a roll.

I can relate in one way: I didn't do much model RR stuff over the summer because of being side-tracked with my motorcycle interest. (Got two of my vintage enduro motorcycles running!)

I've been model RR-ing again with a vengeance for about two months now with no sign of let up. Unfortunately, it's been my diesel era stuff that's getting all the attention and $$. My TOC19 stuff is sitting and languishing. [:-cry]

All fer now.

Andre
Tyson Rayles Posted - 02/11/2021 : 1:42:38 PM
Looks good!
railman28 Posted - 02/10/2021 : 4:39:24 PM
Thank you all. Your comments are appreciated.

Dave, you're right I should of. I even have the hardware to do it. just never set it up.

Mike, I bought a couple of kits from Bar Mills. Their Springfield Station being one of them. I'm going to use it as a flag stop station for Coalbank. Bar Mills does an excellent job on their instructions.

To test my 3d printer after the above mentioned maintenance/software update I printed an "N" scale brick walls.

It needs a little finishing but look at the window.

Bob
Tyson Rayles Posted - 02/10/2021 : 10:18:07 AM
Glad you are back on track again!
deemery Posted - 02/10/2021 : 08:52:39 AM
Geez, Bob, you should get a backup drive. They're cheap. (I spent an hour with a friend configuring his external drive to use Apple TimeMachine, turns out the drive out of the box was formatted for Windows. Mac OS could read/write, but couldn't use that for backups, due to the specialized nature of how TimeMachine works.)

dave
Michael Hohn Posted - 02/10/2021 : 08:45:25 AM
Bob,

Welcome back. It’s good to hear from you again.

Do you have a kit picked out?

Mike
railman28 Posted - 02/10/2021 : 01:51:43 AM
Hi Guys,
It's been awhile I know. I got so frustrated with the bugs of my projects and the effects of having to isolate myself because of the Virus that I lost my joy in the hobby. I have started to get my motivation back. Just in time for my computer to crash. Fortunately I was able to retrieve my photos and documents (including dozens of 3d drawings) but I lost all my programs. Most of which I was able to reload. The major exception was my slicer program for my 3D printer. I had to download a new and improved new one and go through a learning curve on how to use it. My FEP screen had a nick in it which prevented the print plate from making good contact with the video screen leading to ugly prints. So today I releveled the print plate and replaced the FEP screen. The test print came out sharp. I have decided to build a craftsman structure kit. That should get the joy back.
I used some of my quarantine time to take Geology 101 online. That is something I wanted to do for a long time.
Bob
masonamerican Posted - 09/02/2020 : 5:41:33 PM
Sorry to hear about the Current keeper problems. I have one mounted in my MEW 2-8-0. When I have it assembled I’ll test it and we can compare it.

Håkan

Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000