Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Monday morning lounge

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BurleyJim Posted - 08/12/2019 : 08:39:25 AM
Good morning all from cool, partly cloudy N.E. Indiana. The coffee urn has signaled READY with Boilermaker blend today. The special is French toast and black peppered bacon. Tea, pop, etc. on the side.

The daylight hours are certainly shrinking as we move toward fall. After Indiana moved to DST several years ago, it seems to happen more rapidly. We're at the Western edge of the Eastern time zone, it really never made sense for us to change. [:-banghead]

I took a ride over to the 1:1 train yard yesterday, and everything looks like we're ready for the Open House, next weekend. The NMRA Division is providing some 'timesavers' for the kids to operate. We'll make sure those are ready tonight at the club meeting.

I see Amazon has the 'Elegoo Mars' LCD UV 3D printer for $249. Supposed to be an excellent printer for the price. The print volume is small, but for high resolution detail parts, pretty slick. I saw some of the parts it made, and I was impressed. Must be a hot item, as they go 'out of stock' fairly quick.

Looks like the partly cloudy is switching over to mostly cloudy in the past few minutes. Better get the dog out for a break, before it turns to rain.

Have a Super day!

Jim

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BurleyJim Posted - 08/12/2019 : 1:56:38 PM
I saw Potsy (Mark) was looking in earlier. Hope he is still getting fixed up, Best Wishes!

Jim
deemery Posted - 08/12/2019 : 11:44:13 AM
Warmer and a bit more humid in SE NH, but there's a nice breeze keeping things comfortable. Wife is off to the hospital for a test all afternoon. She drinks radioactive stuff and they see how much she glows after each hour for 4 hours. I'll head back down and work on more Mill Valley rocks. I should go to the lumberyard and buy a sheet of 1/4 x 4 x 8 hardboard for backdrops (and cut that down into 48x18 strips). OR I should spray the photo backdrops with the UV protective/sealer spray (particularly since the garage bay will be open all afternoon.

dave
Rusty Stumps Posted - 08/12/2019 : 10:01:09 AM
Good morning Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Cool and a light rain for a bit. Still nice with the doors open.

Carl and Carla leave around noon after a lunch of Mary's Spanish Chicken Rice. She's a great cook and a reason I have to watch my weight all the time.

still trying to fill orders and the pile keeps growing and I keep groaning as does Mary.

Everyone have a FUN and SAFE day in the Pleasant Train Yard.
Dutchman Posted - 08/12/2019 : 09:35:04 AM
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is currently sunny and 69 degrees here in S.E. Michigan, but rain is on the way this evening.

A trip to the lumber yard this morning and then some yard work before the rain arrives is the current plan.

Have a great day!
George D Posted - 08/12/2019 : 09:05:39 AM
Good morning, Jim, Tom and crew. It's a beautiful day in Tidewater Virginia. We spent the weekend up at Lake Anna and the weather was spectacular.

I don't have any current model building projects. I guess I need to spend some time straightening up the work shop in case the build mood strikes.

Have a good day.
George
tloc Posted - 08/12/2019 : 08:49:21 AM
Good morning Crew and thanks Jim for opening and the French toast. It is extremely foggy in So. Wisconsin that the weather person on local TV says it will be gone around 10:00AM. Yesterday was dark and gloomy and today maybe the same. Not sure what today may brings Terry is out with the horses.

Enjoy your day
Tom

Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000