Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Michael Hohn Posted - 10/25/2014 : 9:53:52 PM
With its shorter days and days off, this time of the year tempts the modelmaker to start new projects. I try to resist temptation by beginning the new year with fewer unfinished projects on my desk.

One that has gone unfinished for too long is my model of a Central of Vermont boxcar, actually a modified BTS laser kit of a PRR 28' boxcar. Today it went through the paint shop.

Next step: Art Griffin decals.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Michael Hohn Posted - 05/24/2020 : 09:09:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by deemery

2012 sounds about right :-( That was a good convention, I'm glad I made that trip.

dave

The convention was to be in Pittsburgh again this year, this coming weekend, in fact.

Mike
deemery Posted - 05/24/2020 : 08:32:13 AM
2012 sounds about right :-( That was a good convention, I'm glad I made that trip.

dave
Michael Hohn Posted - 05/24/2020 : 12:06:17 AM
quote:
Originally posted by David J Buchholz

Thanks for the update Mike.

David,

You're welcome. I'm glad you made the suggestion.

Regarding your previous comment, it might seem I'm moving right along, but it seems to me that everything takes so long. Probably human nature.

I never responded to your question about the LOC Sanborn map collection. I've been using Sanborn maps I found on a different site, but I don't think they are there anymore, so it will probably be the LOC from now on.

Mike
Michael Hohn Posted - 05/24/2020 : 12:01:14 AM
quote:
Originally posted by OK Hogger

Extremely good craftsmanship, Mike. All of it. Your structures and equipment really are a highlight.

Andre

Thank you, Andre. I appreciate you looking in.

Mike
Michael Hohn Posted - 05/23/2020 : 11:57:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by deemery

MUCH progress since I visited, but then that was many years ago.

dave

Dave,

My recollection is that you saw my layout after the Mid Central NMRA regional in 2012. Yes, indeed, it's been a while. Most of the layout has been modified. There might be one 3' section of track in the same spot it was back then.

Mike
Michael Hohn Posted - 05/23/2020 : 11:54:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by railman28

Looking so Good Mike. I like how your urban development looks evolved rather than planed. You have planned well indeed.

Bob

Thanks, Bob. I confess there's a certain amount of serendipity involved. I can only plan up to a point.

Mike
Michael Hohn Posted - 05/23/2020 : 11:52:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Orionvp17

Mike,

You have some very nice work on display there! Congratulations!

Pete
in Michigan

Thank you, Pete.

I hope you're keeping safe there in Michigan.

Mike
Michael Hohn Posted - 05/23/2020 : 11:50:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BlairM

wow, just wow... Mike your commitment to building these structures to spec, building the freight to spec and having a simple realistic track arrangement has really paid off in modeling that really looks like the Lehigh Valley with all of its idiosyncrasies. Nothing here says- oh there's that old Fine Scale miniatures kit again. Great story on how you arrived here with the research like the Sanborn maps and such.
You're going to need to paint up a late 1800s loco to blend in more in some of these shots now. Looking forward to seeing how this develops.
Blair

Thank you, Blair. I like building kits, but I have a problem finding ones that fit my needs.

Your observation about an appropriately painted loco made me realize that I sort of left the trains out of most of the photos. I'll have to fix that in the future.

Mike
David J Buchholz Posted - 05/23/2020 : 10:08:49 PM
Thanks for the update Mike.
OK Hogger Posted - 05/23/2020 : 9:39:37 PM
Extremely good craftsmanship, Mike. All of it. Your structures and equipment really are a highlight.

Andre
David J Buchholz Posted - 05/23/2020 : 2:50:22 PM
Seems like forever to set tortoises and wiring on the North Coast Railroad. Glad to see you have been moving along.
deemery Posted - 05/23/2020 : 2:37:18 PM
MUCH progress since I visited, but then that was many years ago.

dave
railman28 Posted - 05/23/2020 : 12:24:36 PM
Looking so Good Mike. I like how your urban development looks evolved rather than planed. You have planned well indeed.

Bob
Orionvp17 Posted - 05/23/2020 : 12:19:35 PM
Mike,

You have some very nice work on display there! Congratulations!

Pete
in Michigan
BlairM Posted - 05/23/2020 : 12:18:44 PM
wow, just wow... Mike your commitment to building these structures to spec, building the freight to spec and having a simple realistic track arrangement has really paid off in modeling that really looks like the Lehigh Valley with all of its idiosyncrasies. Nothing here says- oh there's that old Fine Scale miniatures kit again. Great story on how you arrived here with the research like the Sanborn maps and such.
You're going to need to paint up a late 1800s loco to blend in more in some of these shots now. Looking forward to seeing how this develops.
Blair

Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000