Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 numpty's creek narrow gauge RR

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andykins Posted - 01/26/2011 : 04:29:16 AM
this thread will follow the build of my new and 1st on30 layout.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Frederic Testard Posted - 08/25/2013 : 02:42:50 AM
Nice paint job on the 4-2-0, Andy.
Anf glad to read your business works in a satisfactory way.
Good luck for the new projects.
elwoodblues Posted - 08/24/2013 : 12:17:55 PM
Andy, glad to hear that you are doing well, and good luck with the business, sounds like you are going in the right direction. As for the Porter, it looks great.
ironflyer Posted - 08/24/2013 : 09:51:43 AM
X2, that's really neat Andy, nice job!
mabloodhound Posted - 08/24/2013 : 09:02:20 AM
Nice job on the Porter Andy. Maybe you can merge the jewelry and trains into one business (LOL)
andykins Posted - 08/24/2013 : 05:03:34 AM
Thanks paul!

ironflyer Posted - 08/23/2013 : 5:18:11 PM
Good to hear things are well Andy, busy is good,
Looking forward to seeing the pics,
andykins Posted - 08/23/2013 : 5:01:46 PM
Thank you Frederic (sorry for my delay in saying so!)

same story for reasons of not updating.
HOWEVER!
paint brushes have been out. and black has been put onto the 4-2-0, will take and post photos tomorrow when there is day light.
work has been good, considering I opened my shop last November, with no aid of a loan etc, income has slowly been growing, with just the odd week of slow orders (but time still taken up making fancy things for stock) the magazine article that came out only a few months into my new career has only added to the fire.
I am trying to schedule my work time/hobby time better, but more often then not I find myself working on something late into the night. i'll find a balance one day.
After this 4-2-0 build is done, I will put a cap on this thread and shut it down, its been one heck of a wild ride building stout oak, and I have enjoyed every step, and of course a big thank you to all who have helped!
I have plans for a new layout/extension layout. when this would get started, I have no idea. but I have a draw full of kits, a head full of ideas (its only just dawned on me, thanks to a fellow club member, that I didn't make any toilet roll for my outhouse!!!!) and of course, individual build threads will be made as of when time allows.

I do apologise for not keeping upto date with the forum as much as I should, I do think about you my friends and I should try to keep up with what you are doing, but I find internet time is taken up with work emails, work social networking, photo editing, before rushing out back to the workshop!

till then, i'll get some photos of the now black 4-2-0 tomorrow.

Thanks all!
Frederic Testard Posted - 07/29/2013 : 2:20:38 PM
Very nice and inspiring. I love it.
andykins Posted - 07/26/2013 : 1:59:37 PM
Thanks guys!

Larry. I know :) the only problem is I don't have much free time, or money :P everything has gone back into the business, or being saved for the trip to Barstow. oh well. i'll find a balance oneday.

the next task is getting the DCC finalized and test run the engine. then move onto painting. :)
Thanks for following
Geezer Posted - 07/25/2013 : 6:39:29 PM
Blimey!!! 'E did it!!! ;-)
(Good show Andy!) :-)
BigLars Posted - 07/25/2013 : 6:12:03 PM
Looks great Andy. I know work is cutting in to your fun time but I remember when you could not find any so I know you must be happy.
Mostro Posted - 07/25/2013 : 5:12:52 PM
Unique. I like how the the three cylinders (four if you count the bucket, haha) work together to create visual unity. Kinda lends a "deco" quality along with the round corners of the water tank.

PS Congratulations on making headway despite the heavy work schedule! Not easy to do...
dallas_m Posted - 07/25/2013 : 12:04:24 PM
Yup, definitely has character -- nice match to that lokie!
elwoodblues Posted - 07/25/2013 : 11:16:05 AM
Really like the look of the tender Andy, it has real character.
andykins Posted - 07/25/2013 : 10:37:00 AM
so. work has more or less kept me busy 9am to 6pm, then often late into the night, 7 days aweek. I am incrediblypleased with how things are going. even if it means modelling seems to get put on the back burner.
I have managed to get some work done on the tender for the 2-4-0 lockie though.

The oil tank is simply make from plasticard, the filler cap is a cut down BVM casting, NBW castings added, small rear light from grandtline added too. rear and side steps added from left over Bachmann parts. just need to add grab handles etc.

Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000