Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 The New Orleans UPT: A Final Photo Tour!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
maandg Posted - 01/20/2010 : 11:21:09 PM
Now that my model of the New Orleans Union Passenger Terminal is completed, I thought it was fitting to share a final walk-through photo tour. These photos were chosen for the atmosphere, flavor and realism they convey of the prototype. I hope they create a believable sense of “you are there”.

I will refrain from commenting on each picture, and simply let the photos speak for themselves. I hope you enjoy the tour!

You can follow the 17-month construction of the terminal through this thread.
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21008

I would be interested in hearing your feedback and comments. Thanks for taking the tour!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CieloVistaRy Posted - 01/25/2010 : 02:54:41 AM
Cliff,

You are to be congratulated on such an outstanding build. Quite a feat and accomplishment!

Arthur
Grubes Posted - 01/23/2010 : 09:21:42 AM
Cliff,

A great overview and a fitting photo finish to a magnificent work.

Dave
Peterpools Posted - 01/23/2010 : 05:38:08 AM
Cliff
I've been aboard since day one and have both enjoyed and learned quite a bit from your prototype construction thread, which in reality became a wonderful tutorial. I look at a number of the final photographs and find it hard to tell it's a model rather then a slice of life. My congratulations for completing such an ambitious project so perfectly. Tanks for sharing with us all.
Peter
Dave S Posted - 01/22/2010 : 11:45:36 PM
Cliff,

Congratulations on the further verification and recognition of your New Orleans Union Passenger Terminal by MR and MRP for what we lucky members of the Railroad-Line Forum already knew and enjoyed watching develop for almost a year and a half, great concept, plan and awesome modeling. We'll be watching for further notice of publication dates from you.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
Mario Rapinett Posted - 01/22/2010 : 11:33:33 PM
First Time i've seen this.
Congrats on the project & photography.
maandg Posted - 01/22/2010 : 11:22:29 PM
Thanks to everyone for continuing to respond to my photos in such a positive manner. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it!

Louis, it’s interesting that you compare these to actual prototype photos. I received an email from Andy Sperandeo today in response to the same photos. In it, he says “Your photos almost bring tears to my eyes. They make me recall how much time I used to spend at the station, and what an exciting place it used to be. You’ve really captured it.” Considering that he is a native of New Orleans, I was quite pleased.

Some of you may recall that Tony Koester has approved a manuscript I submitted for Model Railroad Planning. The subject of this article is utilizing the NOUPT as a layout design element…not the station as a model per se. However, Andy is interested in a companion article for Model Railroader focusing on the actual construction of the model. The plan is to time the MR article to run simultaneously with the release of MRP. This would be similar to the 2-part MR article that Gary Hoover wrote on his Santa Fe San Bernardino station about a year ago. In his articles, Part One focused on the LDE aspect, and Part Two dealt with the modeling techniques involved. Mine would be similar – just in 2 magazines instead of back-to-back months in one.

I’ll keep everyone updated on these projects in the Crew Lounge. It’s so rewarding to share my work here with such a talented group of guys. Thanks for the opportunity!
desertdrover Posted - 01/22/2010 : 10:06:50 PM
Well Cliff, now that you showed us the Prototype pictures, how about posting the modeling shots for us! :-)
Danny Head Posted - 01/22/2010 : 8:06:08 PM
Outstanding !!!!!!!!
simon1966 Posted - 01/22/2010 : 1:44:34 PM
Simply wonderful, thanks for posting these final images.
akimmons Posted - 01/22/2010 : 1:24:42 PM
Cliff
This is an incredible model. Your craftsmanship, artistry and attention to detail are second to none. You could have posted 100 photos of the finished product and most of us would have drooled over everyone. I just hope I'm lucky enough to see it in person again some day.
UKGuy Posted - 01/22/2010 : 09:30:51 AM
Simply incredible Cliff, both the photography and without doubt the masterpiece of a model. It has been awe inspiring to follow the construction of this mamoth project, thanks for taking the time to post the progress along the way. An amazing build.

Karl.A
railbuilderdhd Posted - 01/21/2010 : 9:57:35 PM
Cliff,
I have to thanks you because if it wasn't for your build I don't think I would have gone to the station and looked at it like a modeler would. Now, after being to the station I have to say you've built a great model here that's outstanding. I loved following your build and wait to see what you do next. Please be sure to let us know when you start your next project.

Dave
Frederic Testard Posted - 01/21/2010 : 5:41:13 PM
Cliff, it's been great to follow your build of this huge station. The project was huge too, and you've completed it perfectly. It was always nice to see the building thread appear again in the active topics and discover the new progress you'd made on the station. I don't have any doubt that you'll find other great models to add to your layout and our pleasure.
shark_jj Posted - 01/21/2010 : 3:19:15 PM
Cliff, this model was stunning for its size and the quality of the modelling. What is particularly impressive is that when you look at the smaller details they are done as exquisitely as the grand panoramic view. I am also taken by how the people fit into each scene and bring it to life. This is without a doubt one of the best models I have ever seen built.
LVN Posted - 01/21/2010 : 10:46:08 AM
Very nice Cliff. I really love the scale of the project. It really gives you that big time passenger operation which you do not see on most model railroads. I really like the concourse and the details from the lockers to the murals.

Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000