Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Sunday morning lounge

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BurleyJim Posted - 12/01/2019 : 07:42:22 AM
Good morning all, from cool and damp N.E. Indiana. Just the kind of weather that seems a lot colder than it really is. The coffee urn just flashed READY with Boilermaker Brew. The special is Blueberry pancakes and bacon. Looks like Karl or Walt started a pot of oatmeal over on the caboose stove. Tom restocked the fridge with diet pop. There is a crate of oranges that were parachuted down, sounds like Pete's work.

The op session I went to yesterday was great. About 25 operators were there, and we could have easily used another half dozen road crews. We ran from 1 pm until 9 pm. Some operators drove 75+ miles to attend the session. You know it is serious when guys bring crock pots filled with snacks for the break.

Today will be boring and back to painting clothes on LP.

Have a Super day!

Jim
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jbvb Posted - 12/01/2019 : 8:07:55 PM
Good evening, all. The predicted snow has arrived on the NH seacoast, quite a while after the last of 60 Tour de Chooch visitors hit the road at 1530. My stepson spent much of the day operating trains with Ron G., who'd come to help Then my stepson decided to run two trains in opposing directions by himself. First I was Train Director, then I got into a B&M-related conversation and he managed itself.

We'd gone out Saturday and seen three layouts, two new to me. And then sat down after dinner to clean the track and locomotives. All in all, a very model-railroading weekend.
Dutchman Posted - 12/01/2019 : 4:28:08 PM
Good afternoon Jim and the rest of the crew. It has been drizzling and hanging in at around 35 degrees most of the day. We did get a brief period when snow mixed in, but no accumulation.

We made a quick run to re-stock the fridge and pantry with a few items. The 6 grandkids sure went thru a lot of food!

There is a big pot of Turkey Soup simmering on the stove as I write. We did not get to it yesterday and we were out of onions.

Enjoy the rest of the day!
Orionvp17 Posted - 12/01/2019 : 09:51:58 AM
Mornin' All!

31, headed for 33, grey on top and white everywhere else, with WGFA arriving straight down at the moment, and in quantity here in the northern mitten. There's a Gale Warning out, and the Watch has been changed to a Winter Storm Warning all day and into Monday. The 911 Dispatchers are using the "if you must travel" phrase on FB, which sounds to me like a polite way of saying "Stay Home, Fool!"

All in all, a good day to hunker in the bunker, paint, glue, read, sip, sleep and so on, and so I shall. Jim, as to the oranges... don't worry about it! They're good for you!

Make it a great day, all, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan
tloc Posted - 12/01/2019 : 09:50:04 AM
Good morning from home in So. Wisconsin. We are at the high for the day at 36f degrees. We are expecting rain, white stuff and a mix of something. It is dreary, damp and a cave day. We were to be in LA today as we were heading to a destination wedding on Figi. On Thursday evening we were informed by phone that the wedding was cancelled and then by text confirming the call. The text came through at 10PM and like 12 phones went off at once for the text messages. The only thing we had to worry about was the airfare. I am not unhappy as I am not a fan of destination weddings, Figi, and I thought she could have done better. Lots of rumors of what happened but I am just happy about the cancellation.

After hitting the grocery stores and pharmacy this morning, Terry says She has nothing for me. She was heading to the greenhouses and then a ride with the daughter and granddaughter. I was asked to do a ATV ride but wasnít up at the time the SIL and g/s went out. Jim thanks for getting the day moving, the diet soda was 4 for $8.88 so I am glad that van got unloaded, yes I went overboard but thatís me. I will be enjoying Karl/Waltís oatmeal. Enjoy your day.

TomO
k9wrangler Posted - 12/01/2019 : 09:10:30 AM
Another de ja vu....grey and dull but with a twist....1 1/2nches of snow, wet heavy snow. It has the tall grasses all beat down to the ground. No plans to work on it today, tho.

We went to the toy show after all. I acquired a "Holy Grail" of Tonka truck collection, a Big Mike Highway Dept dump truck that will occupy a place of distinction in my small collection as soon as I add the "V" plow to the front. One in HO would look good on the layout, except it'd be a cold day in Harlan before they ever had a rig like that out in Eastern Kentucky. I got really out of sorts after the show and had to have the Doll drive home, a bit of sleep and rest and a plan to stay low today. The SPARTYs just barely managed to defeat the 1 and 9 Maryland Turtles yesterday to place a mercy round in the football season. That 'victory' makes them 'bowl eligible' "they" say. I'm sure not a New Years day prime show. On the other end of the state the resident rodents, braggards and all or nothing crew in AA were ground, seasoned and stuffed into sausage by the team from the 4 lettered state to the south of us. The second coming so bally-hooed has turned into the highly-booed for khaki pants Jim.

Back to the Alco workshop today if all goes well. I'm not sure if the equally hapless lions endeavor to find another way to lose today or not. -edit-duh, forgot they lost early this week

I'm thinking the WGFA my have Pete well covered today, our UP place was to have 8-10 foot waves and snow in a severe weather warning issued last evening.

Everyone have a good day. Travelers, stay safe, take your time. RE-up for another night and wait til tomorrow if you need. Jim's got the day covered in the kitchen, he has the work release cook with an ankle tether, logging chain and an Adlake switch stand lock, hard at work.
George D Posted - 12/01/2019 : 08:37:13 AM
A wet good morning, Jim, Bernd and crew. Pat and I are going out for breakfast before we make another trip to Costco, so just coffee for me.

I'm still painting wheels for my beer car train. There are 30 cars that need metal wheels and I have a thing against shiny wheels.

Have a good day.
George
Bernd Posted - 12/01/2019 : 08:09:01 AM
Morning Jim,

Already had breakfast but a second cup of coffee sounds good. Cold and dank here in western NY. Calling for winter storm. Brother and his kids will be over later this afternoon for a belated Thanksgiving dinner.

Planning on a future project once I get the Aerotrain finished. Time to do some scratch built buildings for the HOn30 quarry line and doing some research to scratch build a stone wall roundhouse like the South River Model Works one. ( https://www.southrivermodelworks.com/page160.html )

Have a save weekend and stay warm.

Bernd

Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000